Peace and quiet rudely shattered.

call 101 or the noise nuisance people at the council( they wont tell who reported them). We did and we have a quiet neighbour now!

It must be awful to live next door to uneducated simpletons who need council instruction on how to act like courteous human beings. Well done for correcting their bad behaviour. You've made the world a better place for others too no doubt.

We have an issue with a noise in our street, the neighbour concerned isn't himself noisy but when he has visitors, which are many throughout the day all we can hear are bikes revving up and down the road, loud idiots shouting drinking beer and smoking weed and then others who sit on his driveway playing music from their cars blaring out so loud that even with our windows closed it is awful. I would call 101 but as it's sporadic throughout the day I'm not sure it would do much good!

We have an issue with a noise in our street, the neighbour concerned isn't himself noisy but when he has visitors, which are many throughout the day all we can hear are bikes revving up and down the road, loud idiots shouting drinking beer and smoking weed and then others who sit on his driveway playing music from their cars blaring out so loud that even with our windows closed it is awful. I would call 101 but as it's sporadic throughout the day I'm not sure it would do much good!

Your neighbour is responsible for the conduct of the visitors he allows to the property. You should call the council.

I understand what you're saying tzijlstra and I agree with you to a certain extent. What I can't understand is why people think that everyone wants to listen to THEIR music? They play it loudly in their homes, cars and even walking down the street. I was recently on a train returning from Devon, a 4 hour trip, all I could hear was the tuneless tinny tones of peoples IPads/phones etc. and this was in the quiet coach.

Yes I like music, I have my radio on all day but it's for my ears and pleasure not my neighbours.

I think noise pollution should be taken more seriously and dealt with better. It annoys me when I hear it from cars or neighbours who think we all want to listen to there ****.

---------- Post added 07-06-2014 at 09:49 ----------

call 101 or the noise nuisance people at the council( they wont tell who reported them). We did and we have a quiet neighbour now!

what's that going to achieve, will it stop the noise straight away or do you have to record everything.

Your neighbour is responsible for the conduct of the visitors he allows to the property. You should call the council.

We have done but it's a long slow process so in the meantime we put up with it I guess! :mad:

We had dealings with the council (it was some years ago) regarding noisy neighbours and it was a waste of frickin time.

We had dealings with the council (it was some years ago) regarding noisy neighbours and it was a waste of frickin time.

As I suspect this will be....

It's taken very seriously by the council these days so people should follow the process and they will get a result. Ill mannered neighbours are a scourge on our society and should be held accountable for their stupidity because that's what it is. Only an absolute imbecile would want to upset the people who they have to live next door to.

It's taken very seriously by the council these days so people should follow the process and they will get a result. Ill mannered neighbours are a scourge on our society and should be held accountable for their stupidity because that's what it is. Only an absolute imbecile would want to upset the people who they have to live next door to.

Or somebody with complete disregard for anybody bit themselves?

Same with us. We got lucky and were able to move after many years of having to put up with it

It must be awful to live next door to uneducated simpletons who need council instruction on how to act like courteous human beings. Well done for correcting their bad behaviour. You've made the world a better place for others too no doubt.

We tried for 6 months at least to reason with our neighbour but they still carried on playing music all night and became very abusive whenever we asked them to turn it down. Reporting them was a last resort!

We tried for 6 months at least to reason with our neighbour but they still carried on playing music all night and became very abusive whenever we asked them to turn it down. Reporting them was a last resort!

Well you must be very nice people to suffer for so long before taking action. They won't be so abusive once they receive a fine, an asbo, eviction or their equipment confiscated, they'll feel like the idiots they are.