Advice about raw feeding please.

Thanks ccit, I've just read your thread about the cold pressed food and I think i'm actually going to try that before raw feeding. Feeding raw was a last resort for me and I'd rather not do it if there's an alternative. I'll let you know how we get on!

Thank you - look forward to hearing what you think of it, especially as I only know of this one person who uses it (she speaks highly of cold pressed food in general).

You hear so many good reviews of raw feeding and I admire the folk who are so ardent about it. For myself, I couldn't (and don't want to) give my dogs raw meat and bones. I have very little knowledge about the nutritional requirements of a dog and would worry that they were not getting what is needed. Hats off to those who do know all about it though.

Hi

We can design diets and provide raw food for your dogs. We have written over 100 diets now for all different breeds, sizes etc and we deliver direct to your door for free :-)

Please email me at doggiesinwonderland79@gmail.com and we can discuss.

Kind Regards

Chris

A sample price list is here:

FROZEN BEST BEEF 65p 454g

FROZEN CHICKEN 65p 454g

FROZEN TRIPE 65p 454g

WHOLE SHEEP TRIPES £1.20 EACH

BEAST HEART £3.50 PER Kg

BEAST LIVER £2.50 PER Kg

COWS LIPS £2.50 Kg

BULL PIZZLES £3.25 PER Kg

10 CHICKEN FEET - £1.00

10 CHICKEN NECKS - £1.00

10 CHICKEN WINGS - £1.00

CHICKEN CARCASS X 10 ( TRAY) - £4.00

CHICKEN GIZZARDS ( KG) £2.50

COW LIPS (KG) £2.50

WHOLE SHEEP TRIPES (£1.50 EACH)

CHUNKY BEEF : £2.50 KG

BEEF BONES 5 FOR £2.00

Pet Grub near Towsure is excellent and the staff very helpful and dedicated.

I feed my cats raw and they thrive on it!

Pet Grub near Towsure is excellent and the staff very helpful and dedicated.

I feed my cats raw and they thrive on it!

Thanks Azarrr, I'm planning a trip to there on Friday.

I thought about the cold pressed food that ccit mentioned but I've got a feeling my dog won't like it! She hates dry food and refuses to eat it unless it's covered in something such as chappie or nature diet. And even then, she eats it very reluctantly!

For the last few days, she's been having raw and she LOVES it! It's too early to tell if it's doing her allergies any good or not at the moment but if it does, i think I'll stick with it. If not, the cold pressed food is next on my list! (thank you ccit for bringing cold pressed food to my attention, I'd never heard of it before and it's good to know I have another option if raw doesn't work out!)

I didn't much fancy the idea of raw feeding but now I quite like the fact that there's so many different options and she's not just having the same thing over and over again. Tonight she had minced chicken and tripe mixed with fresh broccoli and carrots!

Raw feeding is something I've only done for the past year or so, before that I fed my pets commercial stuff. One of my dogs had really dry skin that just wouldn't go away until about a month after the switch to raw, it really was quite amazing. The benefits are huge, I can always tell a raw fed dog to a commercially fed dog through the teeth and coat, raw fed dogs have perfect white teeth and beautifully glossy coats! And no bad breath :D

I can always tell a raw fed dog to a commercially fed dog through the teeth and coat, raw fed dogs have perfect white teeth and beautifully glossy coats! And no bad breath :D

Except directly after they've eaten raw tripe ;)

Except directly after they've eaten raw tripe ;)

:hihi: It's horrible stuff! Had it out on the side defrosting today, my mum walked in my kitchen, sniffed and said 'what's died under your fridge'!! :gag: Roxy loved it though! Licked the dish clean, bless her!

Raw tripe is probably the worst smell I have ever experienced!

Just been to Pet Grub and stocked up on some of the 15 for £8 bags of frozen raw food. Got her some different ones to try. She's got turkey, chicken, lamb, beef and tripe! I was talking to another customer while we were in there, his dog weighs about the same as mine so he was giving me advice on now much to feed per day etc. The lady behind the counter was lovely and helpful too :)

The question I forgot to ask was how long does it take to defrost? I want to make sure it's out of the freezer long enough to have totally defrosted but I don't want to leave it out for too long with it being fresh meat. Any idea?

And thank you for everyone's help and suggestions, she's only been on raw food for a short while but already she scratching less so that's good. And Roxy really loves it, she gets so excited for tea-time now, bless her!

Angel - Please email me doggiesinwonderland79@gmail.com - we write diets *for Free* based on your dogs breed, weight etc. We have done this with over 200 customers in Sheffield, and we supply raw meat and deliver too :-)

Kind Regards

Chris