Logs for sale in Sheffield

I only wanted to know how big a van full you get for £50. Why is that a less valid post than telling someone their logs were wet which is totally irrelevant to the post topic?

I only wanted to know how big a van full you get for £50. Why is that a less valid post than telling someone their logs were wet which is totally irrelevant to the post topic?

A tiny van full.

£50-70 per bag is about right get food logs is the hard part

Take a walk and find wind-fall logs, store in a shed, cut to size, burn. cost nothing. Also you get a good walk and some fresh air.

I cut a 40` sycamore tree down earlier this year and a neighbour said he would buy the wood off me ??? I thought he was setting up a steel smelting furnace somewhere given the amount. He took a lot of it, cut it into decent sized bit,(in situ leaving me the mess to clear up in my garden) he filled his garage and when he had moved his Audi A5, most of his back yard saying it would keep him in firewood for a couple of years !!!! he brought the missus a couple of bottles of wine as a thank you (I don't drink)!!! I told him to keep the wine along with a few more references to him being cheap skate, he don't talk to me now !! Wish I`d posted it on here now, rather give it to those who deserve it than give it to perishers lol I called myself an idiot many times after that !!!

At least you got a couple of bottles of wine. My neighbours didn't even ask me - they asked the tree fellers for my 40+ ft tree (who then asked me on their behalf!) and never offered me anything, not even a drink.

Take a walk and find wind-fall logs, store in a shed, cut to size, burn. cost nothing. Also you get a good walk and some fresh air.

I take it you don't have a wood burner and talk a load of crap.

Apart from being illegal without the landowners permission have you tried carrying wind fall.

Most windfall of use for a log burner are huge trees and need cutting and splitting "on site".

We get ours from Natural Garden Products on Rutland Street. Maybe a little more expensive than some but are kiln dried and are perfect for wood burners, little smoke and no sooting up the flues.

Great service too.

I take it you don't have a wood burner and talk a load of crap.

Apart from being illegal without the landowners permission have you tried carrying wind fall.

Most windfall of use for a log burner are huge trees and need cutting and splitting "on site".

MEOW! Sorry, I thought the thread was about logs. I gather my own to store for my barbi/fire pit. I take an old trolly bag with me on certain walks, I don't go for huge branches and trees. I also get quiet a bit from a skip-yard.

We were brought up without central heating so all the rooms had fires and the kitchen first had a large range for cooking on before my father changed it for a fire and installed a gas cooker. My father was a joiner so he provided most of our wood, sacks of off-cuts from jobs.

There was no need what so ever for you being rude.

I cut a 40` sycamore tree down earlier this year and a neighbour said he would buy the wood off me ??? I thought he was setting up a steel smelting furnace somewhere given the amount. He took a lot of it, cut it into decent sized bit,(in situ leaving me the mess to clear up in my garden) he filled his garage and when he had moved his Audi A5, most of his back yard saying it would keep him in firewood for a couple of years !!!! he brought the missus a couple of bottles of wine as a thank you (I don't drink)!!! I told him to keep the wine along with a few more references to him being cheap skate, he don't talk to me now !! Wish I`d posted it on here now, rather give it to those who deserve it than give it to perishers lol I called myself an idiot many times after that !!!

Why did you call him a cheap skate? By the sounds of it he did you a favour clearing all that wood for you. Don't forget the logs you buy have to be chopped up into pieces that'll fit in a wood burner before they can be sold - thats what you pay for not just the wood itself.

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 08:20 ----------

MEOW! Sorry, I thought the thread was about logs. I gather my own to store for my barbi/fire pit. I take an old trolly bag with me on certain walks, I don't go for huge branches and trees. I also get quiet a bit from a skip-yard. Even raiding skips is illegal unless you ask - Im a skip raider myself and will always give the door nearest the skip a knock to check first.

We were brought up without central heating so all the rooms had fires and the kitchen first had a large range for cooking on before my father changed it for a fire and installed a gas cooker. My father was a joiner so he provided most of our wood, sacks of off-cuts from jobs.

He's right though. Its illegal to do what you suggest and also damages woodlands. The rotting logs are all part of the ecosystem.

Edited by TimmyR

MEOW! Sorry, I thought the thread was about logs. I gather my own to store for my barbi/fire pit. I take an old trolly bag with me on certain walks, I don't go for huge branches and trees. I also get quiet a bit from a skip-yard.

I agree wood is wood, I doubt if Allen wood agree!:hihi:

Do you know where I could buy a small amount of logs please?

It's for a feature in a wall, not to burn - I don't need a huge bag full!only needs to fill approx 70cm x 50cm at the most

Thanks!

Earnshaws at wentworth, used to be wentworth saw mills, sell logs by the bag ,crate or loose. Also sell logs for cosmetic purposes Ask for dean.:cool: