Best Chinese Take-away in Sheffield: Megathread

Wok's Cooking on Prince of Wales road is worth a try.

You can usually tell wether a chinese is any good by the standard of their egg fried rice dishes.

Went to china cafe on london rd last nite. Very, very good. Clean cheap food in a relaxed enviroment.

I recomend it.

Dave

The one on Holme Lane that used to be the China Lunch is now under new management.

Fu Hui something or other it's now called.

And the food (not that I had any complaints about the China Lunch) is really nice. Even the 3 quid lunch deals.

I had the satay and found the sauce to be tasty without being overpowering - you could taste every detail of the dish rather than just taste the sauce.

And the main menu (other than the specials) is more varied with some interesting looking dishes that I'll have to try soon.

Recommended :thumbsup:

Hi,

Anyone know any good chinese takeaways reasonably near to the Meadowhead/Woodseats area? Only just moved to the area and have no idea so any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Lee

theres one at meadowhead, called china delight (its next to spar and the chemist near the round about)

they do deliveries aswell, call 0114 2748808

:D

Chian Delight at Meadowhead is good although in my experience they're not very reliable with delivery times. You tend to get your food quicker if you just go there and order. Longest I've ever waited is 15 mins and that was on a busy Friday night.

Canton Wok (258 1225) on Chesterfield road is very good. Never had a delivery from them as it's only 2 minutes walk from my house.

theres one of abbey lane on hutcliffe wood next to the co op

There is a new 24 hour chinese opening in Sheffield. Wok around the Clock

Hi there

If you have a car, about five minutes journey to Dronfield, down the bypass, in Dronfield is Wok wonder!

This had a mention in the good food guide a few years ago!

The food is prepared by chefs in front of you, usually about 6, and all the ingredients are fresh, it beats any Chinese for miles!

Their Vemichelli, Duck menu, is exceptional!

I use to live at Meadowhead!

If you want the best Chinese around for miles, go to >

Ka -China

114 School Road

Waleswood

Sheffield

S26 5QL

Takeaway and eat in Resturant, the staff, food is the best ever!

It is infact better than Wok wonder, which held my personal record for 3 years, unti lthis newcomer appeared!

Regards Mark ..

whats the best chinese takeaway in sheffield, i really like the 2 handsworth ones rainbow and jewelcity

Wok This Way in Ranmoor is usually good. I also like Red Ruby down in Hangingwater/Oakbrook but they are a little too expensive.

Although take aways are great, I still reckon that if you can get out for one, Jumbo Restaurant near the Crucible is fantastic! Done it three or four times and every time it has been superb!

The Noodle Inn on london road is my favourite. Superb quality of food even if the menu is comparatively limited!