Anybody ever bought a house after an open viewing/weekend?

Try changing agent we did it after 7 months and sold within 14 days to someone off their list.

We sorta did. Another couple showed up an hour early for their viewing when we looked at the house im sitting in now. We only had a 15 minute look (if that?) at the house and went home

We put in the highest offer, though about 6 weeks later we came back to take photos and measurements for furniture - we didnt own any - (as well as a relook) just to make sure.

Also sure you don't need to be there either.

If something goes missing during the viewings, the EA's won't covered on their insurance and the owners of the property won't be covered, as they've allowed strangers in the house.

So make sure you are present at the viewings, besides it's bad enough having strangers walking around your house as it is, without the fear of something going missing.

Try changing agent we did it after 7 months and sold within 14 days to someone off their list.

This, the house next door to us was on the market for 6 months.

They changed agents a couple of weeks ago and it is now under under contract.

Change agents! New agents will give you a new view on your house new pictures and maybe some new people on their list!

I just put in an offer on a house and it was accepted. I too think that you should consider changing EA. When I was ringing the EAs to book viewings, one EA in particular would take my details and say he would ring me back in a few minutes to book the viewing. They never did. This happened quite a few times. So I asked someone else to book a viewing for me, as I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. The same thing happened when this friend tried to book a viewing. I also noticed that the houses that I had wanted to view stayed unsold for a fairly long period of time and then sold for Less than guide price when props in the area were generally going for at least the guide price.

If I ever needed to sell my house, I would not use that particular EA.

Good luck with your house sale.

Thanks for you advise I will hold an open day and see how it goes

If no luck then I'll look into changing agents

Thanks to all

If something goes missing during the viewings, the EA's won't covered on their insurance and the owners of the property won't be covered, as they've allowed strangers in the house.

So make sure you are present at the viewings, besides it's bad enough having strangers walking around your house as it is, without the fear of something going missing.

Yes. Security considerations are vital. Maybe consult your insurer for guidance in advance of 'open viewings'?

Thanks for you advise I will hold an open day and see how it goes

If no luck then I'll look into changing agents

Thanks to all

Hi,

Can I ask if you proceeded with an open day? If so did it generate much interest, did you remain onsite for it?

Thanks

Hi,

Can I ask if you proceeded with an open day? If so did it generate much interest, did you remain onsite for it?

Thanks

we are looking to change agents to a company called locate2

then we will be having an open day poss an open evening as well

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw
Wording removed as challenging moderation

Hound and house be very careful open days sound like open to criminals to have a nosey at any items worth having,you have no idea whom your inviting into your home:loopy:

Hound and house be very careful open days sound like open to criminals to have a nosey at any items worth having,you have no idea whom your inviting into your home:loopy:

yes i know but how do you know who the agents send are true?

il be careful hubby will be home with me,and we will supervise everyone if anyone actually turns up,im not getting hopes up yet,thanks x

open days on my link in first post

---------- Post added 26-07-2014 at 17:18 ----------

Hi,

Thanks

Yes we reduced the price and had an open evening Fri and an open afternoon today Saturday both 3 hours long

We collected brochures from our agent and a sign saying open house to attatch onto our for sale board

And we had a grand total of 0 zero no one came.

No idea what to do now can't reduce any more ??

Edited by suecatsitter