Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Anybody ever bought a house after an open viewing/weekend?

As title says

i have asked friends and they said no one bothers with them or you just get nosey folk with a few hours to spare calling.

my house is for sale has been on the market since end of feb 2014 we have had a few viewings and good feedbacks but no offers,just wondering if its worth while having an open day or not?

Or any ideas for getting genuine buyers through the door?

my house

What does your EA say?

Can't see any harm in doing it.

You only need 1 interested party to make a sale.

Also sure you don't need to be there either.

We wanted to purchase after an open viewing, but our offer was superceded by a better one within hours. But that was when everything on the market sold with no effort.

The advantages are that all viewing is done at once and it means you don't have to keep everything tidy all week for numerous viewings. Disadvantage is that prospective purchasers cannot have a detailed look and cannot get your undivided attention. Plus if a potential purchaser cannot make that time, you've lost a customer.

I went to a couple earlier this year when we were looking. One of them my wife couldn't get to and I wasn't sure about it. We called to try and arrange a second viewing, but they'd already accepted an offer over asking price!

The other one had plenty of people looking round, but it was obvious that the house had major damp problems as a result of the neighbour's roof being completely knackered. That one was on the market for ages, because who's going to buy a house with big problems that you can't fix?

Your house is really nice, surely it's just a matter of getting the right person through the door.

thankyou for your help

my estate agent has suggested a 2 hour time slot either a sat or sun,

and they will highlight this on the rightmove pic,

Your house is really nice. It might not sell straight away due to it not really being in the first time buyer price range maybe.

I have recently jut sold and moved house but ours was first time buyer price range and sold in 6 weeks.

It's also luck of who's looking at the right time.

Hope you get an offer soon

We wanted to purchase after an open viewing, but our offer was superceded by a better one within hours. But that was when everything on the market sold with no effort.

The advantages are that all viewing is done at once and it means you don't have to keep everything tidy all week for numerous viewings. Disadvantage is that prospective purchasers cannot have a detailed look and cannot get your undivided attention. Plus if a potential purchaser cannot make that time, you've lost a customer.

You'd still allow private viewings as well, wouldn't you? No reason to exclude any way to get potential buyers into the house

My mum and dad accepted an offer on their house after an open house so they do work if marketed correctly

Have you thought about putting a sneaky link to your house on a well used public forum, that might help you sell it.

Your house is lovely, if I were looking to buy in the area I'd def consider yours

You can get the house tourist brigade viewing even if it's not an open viewing. I have seen houses I like when house hunting, but didn't feel comfortable with open viewings. I don't know why.

I even had a woman bouncing on my bed when selling mine. I did mention I wasn't leaving it.