Lake district touring sites?

Anyone been to any good campsites in the lake district? Too many on the UK campsite and pitch up sites. Thought a bit of Sheffield knowledge would be better. Cheers in advance.

It's a long time since I was up there.

Just realised it was 2007, but here's a review of Bridge End Farm.

http://myfavouritecampsite.proboards.com/thread/162/bridge-end-farm

If you are looking for peace and tranquility, it fits the bill.

If you like all singing and dancing campsites with "Butlins style" entertainment...forget it.

I'm guessing Sheffielders don't venture much further than Skegvagas then?

Head up to the top of Kirkstone Pass from Windamere side, nice pub at top of the pass by the way. Carry on then drop down the other side, it'll test ya breaks, then on the left hand side is a farm with a camp site right in the middle of it. The camp site has a pub and restuarant as well as a shop, I used it on the way back frm Scotland a few years back on a m/bike tour and would use it again, and the views are quite good as well. If I can get the info of site name i'll edit this post.! Glad ya still using ya m/home.!

jt

Cheers John. Thanks for coming up trumps. Sounds lovely. Best get breaks tested before we go.

I think the site John mentions is Sykeside at Brotherswater. Nice location and popular but on the expensive side. Just up the road at Glenridding is Gillside Farm. Stayed there a few times and it's always been alright. Hollows Farm at Grange in Borrowdale is in a really lovely setting. Inexpensive, a fair walk to showers and a bit of a bumpy track to get to the best field but worth it.

is there any nice places to camp in bakewell?

Is Bakewell in the Lake District?:huh: