Norton Water Tower

Scam?

Eh?

I can just hear you now "Ah, my cars broken down....WHAT??? No signal...What am I going to do....Why don't they put a phone mast up round here"

Surely if you are against phone masts (as it sounds as if you are) wouldn't you be happier that they are utilising already existing tall buildings to mount them on, rather than constructing their own, causing more of an eye sore.

Adam

yeah, cos in 1961 they *knew* they'd need mobile phone masts....

Scam?

Eh?

I can just hear you now "Ah, my cars broken down....WHAT??? No signal...What am I going to do....Why don't they put a phone mast up round here"

Surely if you are against phone masts (as it sounds as if you are) wouldn't you be happier that they are utilising already existing tall buildings to mount them on, rather than constructing their own, causing more of an eye sore.

Adam

send your address and next time they are looking for somewhere to put one up then i will tell them your back garden is free.

Theres one across the road from me on an existing factory chimney actually.

And, hutchinson (3) have just applied to put another up to increase signal in the surrounding area, letter came through the door a couple of weeks ago. Fine by me, why not.

I don't have a water tower to attach one to in my garden anyway.

Just had a quick check,

Hutchinson applied for construction of three antenna and 1 transmission dish on 19 March 2002

O2 applied for construction of four antennae on chimney on 07 May 2002

O2 applied for an extension to chimney to form a shroud to screen telecommunications antenna and installation of 3 additional antennae on 06 February 2004

T-Mobile applied for 3 telecommunications antennaes on 16 August 2005

T-Mobile applied for 3 antennae on 31 May 2006

So it was T-mobile, not hutchinson that applied recently on the 31st of may.

All in all that makes 16 antennae and 1 transmission dish if everything was passed through.

My signal on my phone is 100% by the way.

I have no problems with it.

My Dad once went on a tour inside this tour about 20 or 30 years ago, wish they'd do that again I'd love to see inside it (and if anyone from Yorkshire Water is on here and can get me in for a quick nosey please PM me), it's one of those places I've always wanted to look inside of.

I thought it provided the water for Oakes Park School's swimming pool.

Well, the School's only just up the road from it.. I used to go swimming there on Tuesday afternoons back in the 80s.

My Dad once went on a tour inside this tour about 20 or 30 years ago, wish they'd do that again I'd love to see inside it (and if anyone from Yorkshire Water is on here and can get me in for a quick nosey please PM me), it's one of those places I've always wanted to look inside of.

I remember my Dad taking me inside it when I was a kid. they used to open it every now and then for public access.

Great views from the top as I recall.

I thought it provided the water for Oakes Park School's swimming pool.

Well, the School's only just up the road from it.. I used to go swimming there on Tuesday afternoons back in the 80s.

The water that fills Oakes Park School swimming pool no doubt does come from NWT, seeing as they are virtually side by side.

I agree with Rinty, the views from the top are fantastic!! I went up there many years ago, and was terrified by the height, but the views were certainly worth the climb!

PT

Anyone know who I can ask to get a viewing?

I know it's doubtful, but worth a try :D

On a good day they say that you can see Lincoln Cathedral from the top

They used to open it every year if I remember right, we went up a couple of times as others have said, great views