Anyone having trouble with EE/Orange service today

EE reception has been intermttent for more than a week. took an hour and half for a text to get through last night.

Have you tried calling EE about it?

Have you tried calling EE about it?

Personally, no. I haven't had chance yet (and when I remember I'm at home and it's not worth doing it due to having so little reception). I also don't currently have a LL handset.

I managed to get through to EE for an update.

Engineers visited the site and discovered it was severely damaged. It needed to be assessed by health and safety before work could begin. The engineers decided it was too damaged to be repaired so requires a complete rebuild. Because of this, costs needed to be approved which caused a delay.

I was told it is logged as a Priority 2 incident - Priority 1 is a full UK network failure so it is very high up on the list. It should have been fixed two weeks ago but EE are waiting on parts to be delivered from Italy as the damage was worse that initially thought.

It is having a negative impact on 16 surrounding EE masts, most in S2, S3, S5, S6 and S9, although it could affect further afield.

I was told that it is looking around a week before it is fixed, although engineers are providing an update later today on the situation. If anybody wants to call EE for an update the reference for the failure is EEIM199239.

EE also told me that this will possibly affect Three customers too, but couldn't say for sure. Due to the size of the mast other operators could share it the tower.

At least they are honest and have given a rough fix date :)

Useful site!

The EE guy told me that it is near Standish Avenue. S5.

The mast is used by EE, Vodafone and 3.

I managed to get through to EE for an update.

Engineers visited the site and discovered it was severely damaged. It needed to be assessed by health and safety before work could begin. The engineers decided it was too damaged to be repaired so requires a complete rebuild. Because of this, costs needed to be approved which caused a delay.

I was told it is logged as a Priority 2 incident - Priority 1 is a full UK network failure so it is very high up on the list. It should have been fixed two weeks ago but EE are waiting on parts to be delivered from Italy as the damage was worse that initially thought.

It is having a negative impact on 16 surrounding EE masts, most in S2, S3, S5, S6 and S9, although it could affect further afield.

I was told that it is looking around a week before it is fixed, although engineers are providing an update later today on the situation. If anybody wants to call EE for an update the reference for the failure is EEIM199239.

EE also told me that this will possibly affect Three customers too, but couldn't say for sure. Due to the size of the mast other operators could share it the tower.

At least they are honest and have given a rough fix date :)

Are they going to give anyone a refund for not being able to use their phone for weeks?!

Are they going to give anyone a refund for not being able to use their phone for weeks?!

I didn't ask that...! I guess it'll be case-by-case. As it's a major problem I think you're in a good position for asking for a reduction.

After all this time, there are still mobile phone coverage problems in the Shirecliffe area. Is anyone else still having problems with their EE/Orange mobile signal?

I'm astonished that the signal is still so poor and it appears the problem has still not been resolved, after all this time! It's becoming a major nuisance, with calls constantly dropping out due to poor coverage!

It is possible to negotiate a discount for your inconvenience, however you will probably have to threaten to change provider to achieve this. If you persevere, you may get a charge free month.

I know the mast is owned by Arqiva and they have said that they have now completed their own repairs to the mast and it is now safe for the mobile phone companies to complete the repairs to their own equipment. That being EE/Orange, Vodafone and 3.

http://www.arqiva.com

I wonder if the initial fire was the work of the guy from Bristol, The Bristol Unabomber, or someone associated with him?

I'm surprised no one else has made mention of it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2658107/Bristol-Bomber-police-arrest-man-arson-attacks-four-mobile-phone-radio-transmission-masts.html

EE are a joke the signal is shocking and i am lucky if i can go anywhere without losing connection they need to sort these issues out an fast as i am fed up to be honest.

EE are a joke the signal is shocking and i am lucky if i can go anywhere without losing connection they need to sort these issues out an fast as i am fed up to be honest.

I've a mate at work who uses the same make of phone as me and he's on EE like myself. However, his signal is useless, where as mine is strong! It's odd I know, I couldn't figure it out.

I moved to EE/ Orange after using 3. 3s signal was rubbish every time I moved from a built up area.

I can't really complain about EE, apart from the problem around Shirecliffe. They responded well when asked for a discount for the inconvenience.