After a clear vote against the EU..they want to put council tax up!

Well I spent some time working in Harlingen and have a good friend with the surname Dijkstra.

I liked Friesland a lot, the big open skies and it's not as crowded as the rest of the Netherlands :)

I lived in Harlingen for 7 years as a kid, great town, still call it home despite having moved to several other places since.

no need to....the germans started it...and the allies finished it....then we spoilt it by knocking that big great wall down....and it let the roma in...:hihi::hihi:

We didnt learn from history mate.................. we got rid of Hadrians wall and the Jocks saw it as a free for all to invade us down here. :hihi:

Perhaps the message comes through if it comes from the International Monetary Fund as well, although I somehow doubt it will make a difference to some on here:

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned George Osborne that accelerating house prices and low productivity pose the greatest threat to the UK's economic recovery.

It said rising property values could leave households more vulnerable to income and interest rate shocks.

The chancellor said the IMF was "right to warn the government that risks still remain" to the UK's economic recovery.

Less than 10% of the population eligable to vote is a "clear vote against the E.U."!? If anything there was a clear vote for apathy. But ignoring that minor fact no-one from the E.U. is telling us what to do - every country get's advice from the other countries it's then up to the country in question whether to pay any heed to that advice or not. Still as the O.P. cited the Daily Mail I don't really expect facts to be taken into account.