New owners for Owls?

Can you quote me on the amount I said that he owed to Allen? Thanks.

You said he did not owe Allen that much !!

I say it was millions, Some one more in the know will give you a figure , only a guess but was it £2m £4m or £6m?? not that not a lot is it ???? Unlike Gazza i thought it was agreed to be paid over a few year, this enabled him to give up all commitments to Wednesday and then take up his role as director in Chesterfield.

Allen stalled the whole winding up order solutions, it the co-op had been as ruthless, you would not have a club right now!

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

Perhaps you could quote me on the amount I may have said.

---------- Post added 03-06-2014 at 15:04 ----------

He want to invest £45m according to this.

Seems good.

This sounds very promising, unlike all the other so called take-overs in the past

You said he did not owe Allen that much !!

I say it was millions, Some one more in the know will give you a figure , only a guess but was it £2m £4m or £6m?? not that not a lot is it ???? Unlike Gazza i thought it was agreed to be paid over a few year, this enabled him to give up all commitments to Wednesday and then take up his role as director in Chesterfield.

Allen stalled the whole winding up order solutions, it the co-op had been as ruthless, you would not have a club right now!

All ifs and buts and not relevant.

Allen still has to gain formal approval from the League to retain his outstanding loans at Hillsborough – which total over 2m – but it is understood that initial soundings have been positive.

Not a drop in the ocean but not a massive amount in the great scheme of things.

To use Grapplers favourite word, don't get bitter.

No it doesn't depend. Action might be taken against Wednesday's then owners, but even that is very unlikely.

---------- Post added 03-06-2014 at 13:47 ----------

Just seen it, the guy owns Atletico (part) and Lens, and Baku... Must admit, I am curious how this will pan out if it does.

On point one, it seems that Hillsborough Stadium is being discussed by the Inquiry team in negative terms more than it has been previously ... scapegoat anyone?

On the second point, I seem to remember another Sheffield teams owner getting involved in multiple clubs.

All ifs and buts and not relevant.

Allen still has to gain formal approval from the League to retain his outstanding loans at Hillsborough – which total over 2m – but it is understood that initial soundings have been positive.

Not a drop in the ocean but not a massive amount in the great scheme of things.

To use Grapplers favourite word, don't get bitter.

Have no issues with Owls having a new investor at all, but when you have someone coming on saying they dont owe that much !!! and value a sale at £20m-30M .

One has to laugh.

Have no issues with Owls having a new investor at all, but when you have someone coming on saying they dont owe that much !!! and value a sale at £20m-30M .

One has to laugh.

In the grand scheme of things it is not that much.

£20-£30m seems fair. He said in the interview that it looks as if it could be around £45m, so we are in the correct ball park with that much.

In the grand scheme of things it is not that much.

£20-£30m seems fair. He said in the interview that it looks as if it could be around £45m, so we are in the correct ball park with that much.

I bow to your vast business, investment and football knowledge then .:hihi:

Good job you are happy with L1 you've a few more years to go in it yet.

Your owners intentions were made perfectly clear when he was announced the day after the closure of the transfer window, speaks volumes.

---------- Post added 03-06-2014 at 14:51 ----------

How many times does it have to be said that MM said from DAY ONE that if anyone could take the club further forward than him he would sell, nothing to do with losing interest, stop clutching at straws.

Our 50% owner stated straight from the beginning what his intentions were.

Unlike MM with you he didn't have to 'save us'.

He didn't have to fight off creditors and do deals to renege on legally acquired debts.

His intentions are clear and on record, he intends to make money from his association with SUFC.

He also stated that only the minimum would be spent in League One, just enough for promotion.

Once in the Championship more money would be spent to achieve promotion to the Premier.

Once there my guess is that he will buy McCabes 50% at an amount which will already have been agreed.

When he has 100% control he can then either sell us on to his family/friends in Saudi -many of whom are Billionaires - or alternatively go into partnership with them.

Only way that I can see of him making money on the deal.

Oh and if you believe that quote of Mandaric's about 'someone who can take the club further on' you are even more simple than I thought.

Let me translate for you, 'if I can find someone -anyone- who can pay me enough for me to make a handsome profit'.

To believe any other takes naivety to an entirely different level. :hihi:

Edited by mjw47

Our 50% owner stated straight from the beginning what his intentions were.

Unlike MM with you he didn't have to 'save us'.

He didn't have to fight off creditors and do deals to renege on legally acquired debts.

His intentions are clear and on record, he intends to make money from his association with SUFC.

He also stated that only the minimum would be spent in League One, just enough for promotion.

Once in the Championship more money would be spent to achieve promotion to the Premier.

Once there my guess is that he will buy McCabes 50% at an amount which will already have been agreed.

When he has 100% control he can then either sell us on to his family/friends in Saudi -many of whom are Billionaires - or alternatively go into partnership with them.

Only way that I can see of him making money on the deal.

He's failed with that one so far, good luck with the rest.

I bow to your vast business, investment and football knowledge then .:hihi:

Poundsworth buddy,

How dare you question Sheffield Forums very own knowledgeable football correspondent regardless of the fact that he is normally way off the mark but never the less still believes himself :hihi:

People can sit talking about the past for a month of Sundays but it doesn't change it and all things said and done it is all pretty irrelevant now anyway. I'm not counting no chickens as of yet but if this turns out to be correct then if anything it can only be a great thing for Sheffield football as a while. Both teams will have some financial pulling power and hopefully it will drive us both back up to where we deserve to be as two big english clubs who have massively underperformed for the best part of a couple of decades. Would be great to bring a bit of northern supremacy back, both Manchester teams in the top flight, both Sheffield teams in the top flight.