Wedding Venue Discussion 2015/2016

Hi,

My sister is considering of getting married at the Hilton Victoria Quays in town. She plans to go and see it next week. Any recommendations?

Many Thanks

Hi,

been to a wedding there myself and a few xmas do's. Its a nice venue and the food i've had was better than other large hotel venues i've been to before, but extremely expensive for guests! The bar prices are extortionate - £6.40 for a gin and tonic 2 years ago so could be more now.

The xmas do's i've been to i've organised and they are great for communication - but I appreciate a wedding is very different to organising a works do! I'm pretty sure she'll be able to negotiate a decent deal with them.

Hi,

been to a wedding there myself and a few xmas do's. Its a nice venue and the food i've had was better than other large hotel venues i've been to before, but extremely expensive for guests! The bar prices are extortionate - £6.40 for a gin and tonic 2 years ago so could be more now.

The xmas do's i've been to i've organised and they are great for communication - but I appreciate a wedding is very different to organising a works do! I'm pretty sure she'll be able to negotiate a decent deal with them.

Thanks for the response. It's super helpful. :)

Hilton do not make it clear on their website but it seems like they charge for parking. Were you charged for parking on the wedding day?

Just feel it may put a down start amongst our guests to the start of the day.

Would you know if they allow any noise in the entrance. Being an Asian wedding, we sometimes have some drumming as the groom arrives to the venue. From your experience there, at the wedding and disco's, did you happen to come across any?

Many Thanks

Hi,

Has anyone had or been to a wedding at Tankersley Manor in Barnsley, we are considering of booking the new wedding suite with the barn. Any Advice?

Many Thanks

I was a guest at a wedding there a few years back and to say a lot of the guests were disappointed is an understatement.

Hopefully things may have improved since then. They were so disorganized, guests were left standing around not knowing what was happening for 1 to 2 hours between the actual service and the meal. The meal when finally served was very poor, not very hot and I've never had rock hard broccoli before! and it was slow service too. At the evening buffet, the lighting was so poor nobody could see what they were eating and there weren't enough plates and the staff were reluctant to bring out any more. All in all it spoiled what should have been a lovely day................... and it cost a small fortune too.

This was a few years back though so like I said before, things could have changed. GOOD LUCK with where ever you choose. :)

My mate got married there last summer and we went for the full day.

Very nice,but overpriced.

If you like a drink,take plenty of cash,i was paying £4 a pint for tetleys.

But the venue is lovely and i couldnt find fault with the food.

We went to a wedding last year at Tankersley Manor and apart from the weather everything was good. From the ceremony to the meal to the evening reception, no request of the staff there was too much for them.

The meal and evening buffet was excellent, I would personally recommend them.

My mate got married there last summer and we went for the full day.

Very nice,but overpriced.

If you like a drink,take plenty of cash,i was paying £4 a pint for tetleys.

But the venue is lovely and i couldnt find fault with the food.

That's normal for wedding venues sadly. We play them all summer and that's fairly standard price for a pint.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

A mate of mine has just returned from London complaining of a £4.50 pint.

Drinks in hotels (especially those belonging to a chain) are always expensive sadly.

I got married there in 2006 and in the barn bit at the back

Couldn't fault them, yes it was a bit expensive but comparable to other places we looked at.

Thanks guys for all your helpful comments.

We are slightly short on cash and were wondering of taking advantage of the PA/Sound system in place of a DJ. Has anyone experienced it? Was it any good?

Also, We plan to have an Asian Wedding and we are expecting to have a short 15 mins of drumming and fresh pettle throwing whilst the groom makes his way up the drive and walks into the hall.

Any ideas if they would be okay with this kind of thing?

Many Thanks

I don't see why not. Have a word with them, they've probably catered for asian weddings before.

The last wedding I went to there was very good. The Pimms and appetisers on arrival were amazing, the meal was excellent. I seem to think though that the evening buffet was slightly disappointing.