Wedding Venue Discussion 2015/2016

---We already have a wedding venue thread, but I know things change over time and there have been a few threads recently about wedding venues. So the threads have been combined.

Love2print.---

Hi there,

Title says it all really!

We are at the very early stages of planning our wedding, we haven't really decided our budget but if we want to get married sooner rather than later we need to keep it low!

I have seen some lovely photos at Whirlowbrook Hall and am thinking it must be out of our price range (sub-5k total budget) but just wondered if anyone knew actual prices!

I would rather get the gossip on Sheff Forum before contacting them direct, already read loads of great advice on here!

Plus I don't want them to see my sad face when I hear it's way over budget!

Also, does anyone have experience of Endcliffe Hall army premises?

http://www.alternativevenues.org/yh/Results/tabid/333/Default.aspx

Thanks

Edited by Love2print
added info since thread merge

Whirlow Brook Hall closed down last year. My friend had her wedding there when it was open & they could not do enough for you. Everything was perfect.

Nooo! After a bit more research, I found this article:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/comeback-for-hall-and-cafe-in-sheffield-1-5410004

Looks like it's going to be reopened as a sister venue to Mosborough Hall but I guess with new ownership the staff (and price tag) will be changing...

that's if it ever opens, this article said it would be opening in May but the website hasn't been updated at all.

Thanks Queenswood!

Yes, another friend has hers booked at Whirlowbrook exactly a year after the other one, but she had to relocate hers to Mosborough Hallws very dubious & hesitant, but she got wed May this year & said it was fab. Everything just perfect there.

we havent lived in sheffield very long so we need some help looking for a function room to hire on the 27th of may 2015 we are only looking to hire a room that we can decorate ourselves and get our own dj and buffet. preferably in town or with an adjoining hotel

thanks

Search the threads in the wedding section. Others have asked similar questions and received sensible answers. I can't help you with sugestions myself.

Problem with hotels with function rooms is they'll want to sell you a package. Could try Cutlers hotel at a guess. City limits hire out for functions and garrison hotel is just round the corner. Not my cup of tea but seen some nice photos from there.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Edited by biotechpete

Try...

Leopold hotel

Mercure st Paul's

Hilton

which are in town and allow you to bring dj etc.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Try Wood Lane Countryside Centre.

http://www.woodlanecc.org.uk/

They include the room and grounds in the hire price, no hidden extras and no hard sell. Definitely recommend it, if you are just after a room only :)

Failing that, try:

Showroom Cinema

Millennium Galleries.

I know it doesn't meet your specs, as it's out of town, but I feel you will be hard pressed to find a hotel or somewhere central that will offer a room without any additional add ons.

Edited by Agent Orange

We are using Harrisons Bar as its extremely cheap, in the city center on a tram route with easy access to the two premier inns in the city center. You can use your own dj and decorate how you want it.

At £150 for the whole bar, you really cant go wrong! :)

http://www.harrisonsbar.co.uk/index.html