Royal hotel walkley street

I used to live on walkley street years ago,and recently drove down cundy st. What happened to the corner shop, and does anyone know what is happening to the old royal hotel pub, the back of it looks like its being demolished??

The Royal Hotel closed at least 4 years ago, it was being sold & supposed to be being made into flats or a couple of houses, but not much has happened with it yet I dont think.

When the Thwaites' closed the Royal Hotel, they sold it to Mark, who split the property, planning to make the inner 1/3 into a 2up-2down and then use the end 2/3 as a single larger dwelling.

He cut back his plans and put the larger part to auction in July of last year.

Planning permission has been granted to convert the end portion to 2 terraces, one 3bed and one 2bed.

Work started on May5th, and so far the extension has been demolished, and the interior of the building is being gutted.

Completion of the 2 houses that will be 114 and 116 Walkley St is scheduled for late August/early September. I cannot tell you when 112 is likely to be finished.

All the Best, Oz.