Davy United Group

My dad worked in the drawing office Bryan Pilgrim and my wifes dad was a crane driver Stan Halliday... open days were great

My Grandad (Dennis Hennell) and dad (David Hennell) both worked for Davy. Dad started as an apprentice and spent best part of his working life with them in Darnell, Bournemouth and Korea. He was MD of a design company called Thompson Assoc. which i still believe operate from Prince of Wales Road.

hi name is tony harrison,slinger in 5 bay when your dad was there,have ginger hair he may remember me

My dad used to work for Davy's (low ,united, and mckee's)his name was Jack Briggs he may have worked with you, cos he was a crane driver there.

My Grandad (Dennis Hennell) and dad (David Hennell) both worked for Davy. Dad started as an apprentice and spent best part of his working life with them in Darnell, Bournemouth and Korea. He was MD of a design company called Thompson Assoc. which i still believe operate from Prince of Wales Road.

I knew your grandfather back in 1954/55. We worked togther in the gauge room. Then he went to work in Davy Instrument, I think and I ended up in the drawing office. Didn't he live in Swallownest and have a Bond three wheel car.

Regards

Anyone remember Ron Marsden, a draughtsman there.

My used to work for Davy's (lowey ,united, and mckee's)his name was Jack Briggs he may have worked with you, cos he was a crane driver there.

Hi Tony,

No doubt he would have, Dad never forgot a face unfortunately he passed away last year. I do have memories of the legendary christmas parties though as a kid !! and im sure at some point i may have even been into the drawing office too.

regards

Dan

Nice chap. His nickname was 'dog' as he allways seemed to have a barking cough.

I worked at Davy for over 30 years in various engineering departments, and am pleased to say that I worked with Ron on many occasions. A gentleman of the first order. Excellent, meticulous, always very helpful to others and an extremely reliable draughtsman.

A good friend and work colleague.

I didn't even know he had a nickname !! I never heard it.

GLOS

Hi,

I remember Ron Marsden when he was office boy in the purchasing at Park Iron Works (January to October, 1952). I was the same lowly rank in the Cost Office.

Then we went throught the apprenticeship program and ended up on the same squad (Jack Wilford's) in the EDO. Don't know what happended to Ron after that. I lost track after National Service.

Regards

Hi,

I remember Ron Marsden when he was office boy in the purchasing at Park Iron Works (January to October, 1952). I was the same lowly rank in the Cost Office.

Then we went throught the apprenticeship program and ended up on the same squad (Jack Wilford's) in the EDO. Don't know what happended to Ron after that. I lost track after National Service.

Regards

Hi 'Falls',

Ron was obviously a 'sticker'. I left in 1998 and as I remember he was still around - maybe about to retire. After that I don't know.

I started at Darnall in 1962 ( 250 in main EDO ) and knew Jack Wilford very well ! Always gave us all a song ( carols ), or three. at Christmas, especially when he had had a drink or two. He was a very good singer though. As I remember it, he stayed through to retirement, although I think he was quite ill.

GLOS

Hi,

Regards

Hi 'Falls',

Ron was obviously a 'sticker'. I left in 1998 and as I remember he was still around - maybe about to retire. After that I don't know.

I started at Darnall in 1962 ( 250 in main EDO ) and knew Jack Wilford very well ! Always gave us all a song ( carols ), or three. at Christmas, especially when he had had a drink or two. He was a very good singer though. As I remenber it, he stayed through to retirement.

GLOS

Hi 'Falls',

I started at Darnall in 1962 ( 250 in main EDO ) and knew Jack Wilford very well ! Always gave us all a song ( carols ), or three. at Christmas, especially when he had had a drink or two. He was a very good singer though. As I remenber it, he stayed through to retirement.

GLOS

You must have been in the EDO when I was there. Ron and I were with Jack Wilford but it was really a section then. I was sorry to hear of Jack's passing the other year.

Ron and I started off in what was know as the Canteen DO in October 1957. Then we were the first section to move into what was then the new building just before Christmas that year.

Here are some names for you:

Jack was the section leader and the rest of us comprised of:

Don Baxter, Keith Sheppard, Eric Swift, Harold Dugdill, Eric Woodhead, Ron and myself. Then Ron went for NS (I think) and was replaced by Alan Ryalls.

As a section we usually worked for Jim Allsop and George Vaughan.

As for the Squads, these came in, I think, 1963. That was when Cliff Sturdy took over and the good Doctor Simms moved-on, replacing Bronowski at the NCB research. You must remember Dr. Simms.

All a long time ago

Regards