Davy United Group

Hi does anyone remember my uncle Jack Allwood who started at Davy when he was 15 in 1935 he worked there till retirement in 1985 or my grandad Jim Cusick who worked there in 1940 Alan Littler NSW Australia

Hi iworked in the NFS 73/82 i remember a Jim Cuisick he had a few old bikes ,arial square 4 1000 ajs as i remember he gave me a ferret and dad made me get rid

Jack Allwood was a legand so jack whitely said. i live in eire these days

Hi Can anyone help me locate my dad, Alan Littler, Living in Australia, Originally from Sheffield. He is very much Missed.

Thankyou

Catherine Littler

Hi chathrine if im not mistaken he"s in NSW Australia try kat2011 on page 4 of Davy United,What is the status of it

Hope this helps

Regards Steve

Edited by Finchy s

Hi No71, sorry I have not replied before as my wife and I were visiting our son in Spain at the time of your posting and I didn't pick it up.

I didn't know Ralph Ferrett as I left Davys round about 1964, possibly before he came down into the pattern shop from the training school.

Regards sigma

Hi iworked in the NFS 73/82 i remember a Jim Cuisick he had a few old bikes ,arial square 4 1000 ajs as i remember he gave me a ferret and dad made me get rid

Jack Allwood was a legand so jack whitely said. i live in eire these days

Hi Finchy s,

Thanks for that! I'd seen the post regarding Jim and knew I knew the name... I can picture him now you mentioned the Square four.

Don't know what you are doing in Eire but hope you are well.

No71

anyone any idea what happend to John Robertshaw in marketing, Bill Cope, Wally johnson, maurice brookes who were the sales guys. i worked alongside them in the 1970's in the Publicity Department with Tony Chrismas (I'm Linda Johnson) left in 1978 to have my one and only daughter

Hi No71, sorry I have not replied before as my wife and I were visiting our son in Spain at the time of your posting and I didn't pick it up.

I didn't know Ralph Ferrett as I left Davys round about 1964, possibly before he came down into the pattern shop from the training school.

Regards sigma

Hi totally unrelated to davy"s , do you know a fishing pal of mine ,Mick rimmer of Hillstown

Regards steve

Hi Finchy s,

Thanks for that! I'd seen the post regarding Jim and knew I knew the name... I can picture him now you mentioned the Square four.

Don't know what you are doing in Eire but hope you are well.

No71

Hi you do you know Mick Rimmer of Hillstown a fishing pal of mine

Regards Steve.

Hi finchy s,

Sorry i dont know your mate at Hillstown, even though i drive past that part of the world on my way to work.

On a different note, there is a chap called Hobson who writes features in Amateur Photographer magazine. Do you know if it is Davy Roll Hobbo? The face shown in the mag certainly resembles him.

No71

Edited by No71

Hi finchy s,

Sorry i dont know your mate at Hillstown, even though i drive past that part of the world on my way to work.

On a different note, there is a chap called Hobson who writes features in Amateur Photographer magazine. Do you know if it is Davy Roll Hobbo? The face shown in the mag certainly resembles him.

No71

Hi 71 that would"nt be a Steve Hobson of park hill flats sister called lyn married Dennis Hobson jnr have not seen steve in 30 yrs

Regards Steve

anyone remember Alan Fritchley who was a draughtsman and worked in the Drawing office

Hi Finchy s, I do know Mick Rimmer I saw him today in our local and told him that you were asking about him. He told me he would ring you. regards Geoff.

does anyone remember Jack Whitely,Harry Tidy,Brian Tarbutt.

they were my mates during my time at Davys 1946~1953

I served my time in 2bay before being sent to Consett alongside Reg Williamson and Dennis Carlinto erect a coggin Mill.