Davy United Group

44 minutes ago, Geoff Sorsby said:

There’s been one or people mention the MD Maurice fiennes but my father bill sorsby was the motor mechanic at Davy’s he maintained the pool cars and had to go to rolls Royce to learn how to service and maintain the director’s rolls Royce 

when Maurice Fiennes left my father bought the Rolls from Davy’s and we had the car parked outside our council house we had it for a couple of months till he sold it to an architect 

Was it a brown Rolls Royce?

Hello, 

My Dad worked here from 1955 to 1971, appreciate if anyone knew him, Peter Gallagher from sligo ireland.

Is there anyone still around who was at Davy's in mid 60's to mid 70's or would I have better luck on Facebook which I don't like using.

• Like 1

Hi, my dad worked for Davy's, Stan Gordon, not sure of the years but he worked all over the world,  Switzerland, yugoslavia, morocco, as well as consett.  I know he was friends with David Dixon as he is my godfather. I also know he worked as an installation engineer (I think) Just looking for any info anyone may have. 

Thanks

• Like 1