Parkway closed inbound

Parkway is closed inbound just before prince of wales road. looks like an incident just before parkway markets, police and ambulance under the footbridge.

Sheffield Online have wrote on their Facebook saying someone may have jumpted off the footbridge

heard on radio hallam that someone jumped off bridge. closed between Derek Dooley Way and Prince of wales rd.

Yes we was driving past coming back off holiday just as it must of happened it didn't look to good for the young lad bless him

I picked my wife up from work at 1:15pm and couldn't believe that I saw 5 boys about 12/13 on BMX bikes cycling the WRONG way up the Parkway city inbound carriageway! All it would have took was a moments mistake by a driver and the whole lot of them would've been wiped out. :loopy:

Poor man I thought he looked younger than that, RIP fella

Poor bloke.

Traffic being redirected through Darnall and down Staniforth Road. There is a load of roadworks on Staniforth Road at the minute and large sections are down to single lane with traffic lights in place.

I don't think anyone is going anywhere fast.

RIP to the poor guy and thoughts with his friends and family

rip, very sad, given that this is an all too frequent spot for suicide jumpers etc maybe the council should think about putting a cage over the footbridge?

whilst i have some sympathy for someone who does that, why do it so publically , someone i know witnessed this this afternoon and is badly shaken! at least end it all with dignity not splattered in front of anyone which could include kids:loopy:

whilst i have some sympathy for someone who does that, why do it so publically , someone i know witnessed this this afternoon and is badly shaken! at least end it all with dignity not splattered in front of anyone which could include kids:loopy:

The guy would have been in no place mentally for such considerations:sad RIP