"mobile phone internet connection"

I have a "nokia 113." I bought it brand new for £14.99 on Fargate from a legitimate phone store. All I wanted it for was ( text and the occasional call ) I am more than equipped for the internet at home.

I've discovered that it is taking credit in increments of about 9 pence, the reason being - so I've been informed - is, I am some how connected to the net.

Can anyone inform me how I turn this off, if, this is possible?

Probably an option in the settings menu, it uses some Donkey old version of Nokia OS so I'm not sure exactly where the option would be in the menu.

You could always switch to a network that gives you free data whenever you top-up??

Settings....Connectivity.......Turn off 3g.

What network is it, 9p is very random, its often 20p onPAYG for even the slightest bit of data per day.

That phone is a bargain ,

RE: this query. I've been informed from another source that the solution is...

Settings - Connectivity - Packet data - Packet data settings - Active access "point 1" - Edit active access -And in the Packet data access point type in the letter J. SELECT

I'm not sure if the " J " is significant. It could be any letter? I assume it just stops a process? Think it's a case of "suck it and see."

Anyway if after a period of time it appears to work? I'll get back to you...

Many thanks anyway.