Haybrook Estate Agents - how to contact them?

I got a valuation from Haybrook before putting my Dad's house on the market. Big mistake. They will not leave me alone. I've lost count of the number of calls from them asking how many viewings I've had, what offers I've had all of which is none of their business as I'm not their client.

I'm not sure why this annoys you or is unexpected. You initially contacted them for a FREE "valuation". You expected them to come out and provide you with free advice. I assume an agent attended your property and gave you a valuation and spent some time with you. Time is money. The main job of any business is to constantly generate new leads and work on the existing ones.

The fact that Haybrooks are keeping on at you is exactly what they should be doing. To me it shows they are motivated and active in acquiring new listings which is the sign of a well run estate agency. Once they have a listing they will no doubt be even more motivated in their endeavour to sell your property, after all, that's when they get paid. Although it's none of their business how your sale is going, you should be impressed they keep fighting for your business. What if your sale wasn't going well.

They seriously undervalued the property too, they valued it 15k less than it went on the market with another agent and I've had offers over and above the asking price.

Any monkey can value a house by researching online for a few minutes and attending a brief viewing of the property. Most sellers go with the agents who value the highest, which is simply a guess and means almost nothing. It's just talk. The market will dictate the price not the agent.

Haybrooks are good to buy houses off......Mainly because the do tend to undervalue properties

I would avoid them like the plague,worst service I have ever encountered from an Estate Agent

I'd echo this as well - bin the leaflet and don't use them. Primarily because if your house doesn't sell in the first month, they'll put you under a lot of pressure to drop the asking price, probably to levels you aren't really comfortable with (that's how they maintain that '95% of asking prices' claim - by lowering asking prices).

Also, what I'd call their general competence is very poor. By this I mean basic communication like taking messages, calling back, booking and sticking to viewings etc. Not all of Sheffield's EAs are good at this, but Haybrook are certainly the worst we encountered. We turned up to several viewings that had been cancelled but they hadn't told us, or got calls for viewings they'd arranged but never informed us about.

They also use trick photography to make houses look much bigger than they really are. A bit of that is to be expected, but Haybrook really take it too far. We viewed one house expecting to see a long garden with a summer house in it. When we arrived, it was a short yard with a child's wendyhouse in it! It wouldn't have been a major issue, but it got the viewing off to a bad start, so what's the point?

They talk a good game, but that's about it. It got to the point where we wound't view a house with Haybrook unless it looked really, really nice and I doubt we're the only people who've resorted to that. We'll probably use Hunters if we sold again. They weren't the cheapest, but sometimes you get what you pay for with Estate Agents.

I would avoid them like the plague,worst service I have ever encountered from an Estate Agent

Could not agree more 7 month no sale, blundells 14 days sold

Coutts, I think you're playing devil's advocate. Nobody likes being pestered by a company whose services they've already turned down. All Haybrook have succeeded in doing is convincing me never to get a valuation from them again.