Haybrook Estate Agents - how to contact them?

They gave you the wrong phone number.

It should be 0114 2720700

Who knows what'll happen if you dial the space in the wrong place.

Like. .

They gave you the wrong phone number.

It should be 0114 2720700

Who knows what'll happen if you dial the space in the wrong place.

how do you dial a space ;)

Sheffield telephone numbers begin with 2, 3 or 4. Not 8.

I've received a letter from them this morning inviting me to use them. They give their telephone number as 01142 720700. I know 0114 is the code for Sheffield, but where does the 2 come from?

They are a real pest. They stick notes through our letterbox every few weeks saying they have a buyer for our house. They haven't. They stick them through every door in the neighbourhood.

certainly avoid them ---they wanted to charge me £180 for a energy certificate----I got it done for £45-----they also wanted about £1000 more than I paid by using Staves

Agree with the last few posts...avoid like the plague...horrendous agents.

They are a real pest. They stick notes through our letterbox every few weeks saying they have a buyer for our house. They haven't. They stick them through every door in the neighbourhood.

They do it if they have someone selling their house who says "we're looking to live in xxxxx area" or "xxxxx road". We had them value our house & I didn't want them as soon as valuer left our home - he was like a pushy salesman.

Thanks but no thanks.

When Sheffield changed from 0742 to 0114.....they also changed individual numbers to keep up with the national standard....hence the 6 figure number became a 7 figure number with the introduction of the 2 at the front.

Some people still say it and write it as it was previously...adding the 2 to the 0114 to make it sound the same as before...hence the way it is written here.

I am from London...so am used to the 7 figure system and write it and speak it as I would have done in London......as in 0114 234 2084 (don't bother ringing it - it's an old dead number I had before). If I were a Sheffielder I would write it and speak it as 01142 342034 (which seems completely alien just writing it). The spacing used makes no difference to the number dialled.

True; but the lack of available 2xx xxxx numbers has already led to 3xx xxxx and 4xx xxxx being used.

The dialling code (formerly called 'STD') is 0114, nevertheless. And not 01142, as others have correctly mentioned.

he was like a pushy salesman.

Was he like a salesman because he was in actual fact, a salesman. A valuation appointment is simply a listing appointment. The Agent is only willing to spend his time "valuing" your house to get the listing by selling you the benefits of their services. A monkey could literally value a house if he could use a computer, which some can.

Was he like a salesman because he was in actual fact, a salesman. A valuation appointment is simply a listing appointment. The Agent is only willing to spend his time "valuing" your house to get the listing by selling you the benefits of their services. A monkey could literally value a house if he could use a computer, which some can.

I said he was like a pushy salesman. I didn't say he was like a salesman. He wants my business, however there's no need to be pushy and use cheesy sales techniques.

I had two other valuations, neither were pushy nor used cheesy techniques.

When I was selling (not with Haybrooks) I received a letter from Haybrooks every week saying they had buyers waiting for my property.

Yeah rey't!

They must be seriously hard up for clients if they resort to searching the local rag to see who is selling.

I got a valuation from Haybrook before putting my Dad's house on the market. Big mistake. They will not leave me alone. I've lost count of the number of calls from them asking how many viewings I've had, what offers I've had all of which is none of their business as I'm not their client. They seriously undervalued the property too, they valued it 15k less than it went on the market with another agent and I've had offers over and above the asking price.