Haybrook Estate Agents - how to contact them?

I've received a letter from them this morning inviting me to use them. They give their telephone number as 01142 720700. I know 0114 is the code for Sheffield, but where does the 2 come from?

seriously what bekscopley said.

They give their telephone number as 01142 720700.

They gave you the wrong phone number.

It should be 0114 2720700

Who knows what'll happen if you dial the space in the wrong place.

I think this is the Haybrook lettings number!! But I can't be sure because of the incorrect spacing!

When Sheffield changed from 0742 to 0114.....they also changed individual numbers to keep up with the national standard....hence the 6 figure number became a 7 figure number with the introduction of the 2 at the front.

Some people still say it and write it as it was previously...adding the 2 to the 0114 to make it sound the same as before...hence the way it is written here.

I am from London...so am used to the 7 figure system and write it and speak it as I would have done in London......as in 0114 234 2084 (don't bother ringing it - it's an old dead number I had before). If I were a Sheffielder I would write it and speak it as 01142 342034 (which seems completely alien just writing it). The spacing used makes no difference to the number dialled. :D

I would avoid them like the plague,worst service I have ever encountered from an Estate Agent

I would avoid them like the plague,worst service I have ever encountered from an Estate Agent

I concur ... rip up the letter and try Crucibles

Any company that has problems understanding the area code for the city they are based in is 0114 and not 01142 should be avoided. Hardly fills you with confidence.

They gave you the wrong phone number.

It should be 0114 2720700

Who knows what'll happen if you dial the space in the wrong place.

i'm sure they will sen out another letter to correct the error..just watch this space....

x

I live in Sheffield and my number is 01148****** so perhaps the code is 0114. I was told that they had run out of numbers beginning with 2