Sky Broadband v BT Broadband

BT like to push that sports package don't they? what about us folk that don't watch sports?

And urgghhh Murdoch vision.

One of the misgivings I have with Sky is you can't use your own router, so if the Sky ones breaks you have to go back to Sky and pay them to get a new one.

Yep, rather annoying this, particularly as the routers they supply aren't wonderful.

I'm also the same about BT Sport, I have no interest in it. Reduce the cost of the broadband and put it on as an option.

ccit, what has my decision to go with PlusNet got to do with not trusting BT? I've been with BT before, my parents have always used them and the only reason I didn't is because of their 18 month contracts and higher price than PlusNet for what I wanted. I didn't want to pay for TV channels I won't watch.

To the OP, remember to pay attention to contract lengths as well.

BT like to push that sports package don't they? what about us folk that don't watch sports?

And urgghhh Murdoch vision.

BT Sport is giving an absolute hammering to Sky tho, which is why it's being pushed so hard.

Sky were at one point gobbling up all of the customers with their enticing phone, BB and TV bundles - it got to the point where no-one else could compete.

BT were required to provide access to their network for Sky and other companies at a rate which allowed them to be competitive.

However, Sky did not have to reciprocate that access for their TV offerings - giving them an edge over all of the other players in the market.

And this has bearing on the original question because?

As some one mentioned above. You will see the same speed or issues with who ever you go with, unless the ISP limits it for some reason. I think its a case of what the ISP's can throw in as extras I.E. internet TV, antivirus or web storage.

you may not see the same speeds with whoever you go with - some providers will only offer 38/10 on fibre while others will offer the 76/20