Stradbroke road amey

So, had a letter last week saying road resurfacing is starting from 9th june. Fair enough! Just got home this evening to a sign on the lamp post saying its from 29th may 7am until 7pm. Thats tomorrow! No parking, waiting or loading or vehicles will be towed. Thats great warning for anyone arriving home in the dark this evening that wont see the sign. Even better for those that have taken their kids on holiday for a few days to come home and be greeted by no car parked outside their house. Well done again Amey! Couldnt organise a shindig in a brewery :rant:

they may not turn up yet,and they are usualy packing up by 4 oclock,

it was same here, told them my neighbour was in hospital,just said get it moved or we tow it,very nice of them

Don't hold your breath. They did it to us last week, my hubby went to work early and stayed till after 7pm, They came for half a day and no one appeared since Notices now taken down and told a neighbour it will be another two weeks at least.

Oh great! Whos betting that the day we chance it and leave the car there it gets towed? Its not a big deal if youre at home all day but we leave for work early doors and parking charges in town for 2 weeks on the off chance is ridiculous...

just park it around the corner or at a friends house,thats what people are having to do while the work is done,

Like I said, all well and good if you dont need to go anywhere, but according to the letter the whole area is to be done in this time but it doesnt specify which road and when. There literally is nowhere local to park. My boyfriend has to leave his car on the road and bus into town for 7am and I drive to work just after which means if they decide to bother turning up we wont know it needs to be shifted until its been towed

I suppose they could just leave your road and not bother resurfacing it :)

They are supposed to give a weeks notice, if they haven't then I hope you have actually complained. They are going to continue pulling this BS if nobody bothers to confront them about it.

notices have been on bus stops around there for just over 2 weeks not great for drivers though and they said work happens 7pm-7am

anyone know if the work has started yet

anyone know if the work has started yet

If its anything like the 'work' that they did around here you won't be able to tell if they have started or finished

And this afternoon they pitched up for two hours, gone again now