Are you going to get a driverless car?

I enjoy driving too much to have one for every day use. But it may be handy to get to the pup and back. Perhaps it could be the saviour of the country pub.

I'd have one, although that would be the other half's car.

how's it know where you're going? Oo

Interesting to see how it works over here, the test vehicles have worked well in the states but I wonder if they can cope with the way us Europeans charge around everywhere???

I'd have one, although that would be the other half's car.
Would your other half have a say about it? ;)

Because I know exactly what my other half would tell me...and I can't post it on a family-friendly forum :hihi:

In answer to OP: no, and hell no.

I tried it on my way home last night. I let go the wheel and ended up in the ditch. So I'm not sure that it is a great idea.

Every so often you see stories of people blindly following their sat nav on to railway lines,into rivers or down tracks unsuitable for motor vehicles so I suspect the technology might be somewhat lacking still. So although it may not be a good idea for A to B traveling to the shops I'd imagine it could work on motorways, get on a motorway and tell it to take you to such a such junction.

I think we are way off this happening. I wouldn't trust a computer to navigate round the ridiculous road systems in the UK.

It may work sooner in the US, where they don't have corners.

Good until some pillock in an Audi veers across three lanes and cuts you up attempting to take an exit???

I think we are way off this happening. I wouldn't trust a computer to navigate round the ridiculous road systems in the UK.

It may work sooner in the US, where they don't have corners.

:huh:

Just think of the money the council could make by hacking the computer systems and sending everyone through a bus gate? ;)