Keeping bread on the hook

I can't keep bread on the hook.

Has anyone advice on how to do it...size of hook, type of bread?

I go pleasure fishing and the usual carp are a max of 12lbs or so, mainly 5-6 lbs.

Thanks

Ledgering...I have been using the orange packet Warburtons loaf. The really stretchy one, taking a chunk including some crust , flattening it a bit then using a 'bandit' and bait band, seems to work fine and good casting distance. Hook size I cannot give much advice on a I'm still playing about with that.

Surface fishing.. I haven't done much recently tbh.

Use stale bread that's been left out to dry. If you have none then break some up into hook sized chunks and pop it in a very low oven leaving the door open. Transport it in a plastic container rather than a bag.

For surface fishing I take a chunk or decent piece of a slice, and lay the hook (10 or 12, can be bigger but not smaller than this) about 1/2 way into the bread. Then fold the bread over the hook and squeeze it onto the shank. This provides a good hold on the hook, and leaves a lot of bread available for the fish. Good Luck.

Try using artificial bread. It's much easier and works.

Take the middle of the slice out and roll it like a cig then pull your hook up in to the bottom use around a size 12 or 10 if permitted

Try the bait screws work well!

Just take a piece out of the middle and just pinch it around the shaft of the hook, and then just a nice steady cast, simples.:thumbsup:

I use a meat punch on mine then just wrap it round hook it work a treat