Council property

So you are happy that a person who is letting a house out that does not belong to them, that belongs to the council, is making money at the taxpayers expense? I have seen on tv where people who have been caught subletting council properties have been prosecuted.

It's now a criminal offence that comes under fraud and carries a heavy fine and imprisonment. Details were drawn up in Jan 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16499636

And the other citizens from the EU ect that need rehousing, have you been to Howden House ?

Like you say they should report them about subletting, its not fare to anyone truly needing the service.

You haven't got a clue, have you? Tell me, how long does it take for people to actually be on the waiting list to get a council house here in Sheffield?

Now tell me whether EU citizens can bypass that waiting list? I think you will find the answer is unequivocally no. You are confusing EU immigrants for asylum seekers, something that is apparently easily done.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 12:31 ----------

the actual number of people that sublet would be very small indeed.

Would you call 50,000 council tenants sub-letting, very small?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11633074

Edited by poppet2

You haven't got a clue, have you? Tell me, how long does it take for people to actually be on the waiting list to get a council house here in Sheffield?

You tell me ?

I know people that have waited years.

Now tell me whether EU citizens can bypass that waiting list? I think you will find the answer is unequivocally no. You are confusing EU immigrants for asylum seekers, something that is apparently easily done.
I never said they did by pass it, so stop topping it up what I say.

I only mentioned them because you choose to omit them from your post and state:

surely someone subletting theirs is actually not sticking together for UK citizens?

Social housing is not just being occupied by UK citizens, and I never said that anyone bypassed anything, but the fact that there is all these other immigrants here competing for the dwindling housing stock does not help anyone.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 13:20 ----------

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 12:31 ----------

Would you call 50,000 council tenants sub-letting, very small?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11633074

Wow I did not know we had that many council houses in Sheffield !

Ok so I am being a pratt, I know you meant nation wide, but how many social houses are there in the UK and what percentage is 50,000 ?

Also I am willing to go out on a limb here and suggest that a lot of that 50,000 will be down London where rents are stupidly inflated and where people can earn good money from sub letting.

I never said they did by pass it, so stop topping it up what I say.

And what is:

have you been to Howden House ?
Tell me what that means? just a slip of the tongue was it.

And what is: Tell me what that means? just a slip of the tongue was it.

No it was what it is, have you been to Howden house ?

You stated that it was wrong for UK citizens and I pointed out that Howden house as a lot of immigrants seeking rehousing, but had you ever been to Howden house then you would have known that was a fact.

Now why did you just state UK citizens in your post and why are you lying again, saying I said something that I have not ?

Where do I say anyone bypasses anyone, please liar show me.

Get off your high horse, you know fine well what you meant and you are now desperately backing down because I called you out on a "fact" that you believed to be true.

Your post is there for all to see.

Get off your high horse, you know fine well what you meant and you are now desperately backing down because I called you out on a "fact" that you believed to be true.

Your post is there for all to see.

Exactly, for all to see.

And if you think me asking if you have been to Howden house and seen that its not just UK citizens wanting social housing and then in your warped mind think that I am saying they are 'jumping the cue' then your dafter than I thought.

I told you last time that you have English language issues but I'm not sure you do now, I just think you bigoted mind just puts stuff into peoples posts that are not there in order to fore full what you expect them to say.

Desperately backing down ? My post is not edited, its plane as day that I have not said what your suggesting I have.

Your a down and out liar.

Also I am willing to go out on a limb here and suggest that a lot of that 50,000 will be down London where rents are stupidly inflated and where people can earn good money from sub letting.

I think the majority of council houses being sub-let for private rents are in London as well. People accept the rents, which can be up to three to higher.

Edited by poppet2

I think the majority of council houses being sub-let for private rents are in London as well. People accept the rents, which can be up to three to higher.

...which is why the subletting is now a criminal offence. A few big prosecutions might reduce it.