£3m contract for Ched Evans?

It is not bait , I was in conversation with two perfectly sensible pals who support United.

We were discussing next season when one of the lads [50 and 70 year olds] dropped in that Evans would be back in October done deal.

I replied that this must be a load of crap as United would slagged of from one end of the Country to the other.

I then supped up because I thought there will be an argument here and as I like the lads I came home and asked the question on this forum not realising that there was already a thread about it.

So not bait and not fishing and also not beer talk either as we all had only had a couple of pints.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 07:41 ----------

What is a load of rubbish is it my conversation with two older Unitedites or is it the Evans story or is it ?????.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 10:14 ----------

It is not bait , I was in conversation with two perfectly sensible pals who support United.

We were discussing next season when one of the lads [50 and 70 year olds] dropped in that Evans would be back in October done deal.

I replied that this must be a load of crap as United would slagged of from one end of the Country to the other.

I then supped up because I thought there will be an argument here and as I like the lads I came home and asked the question on this forum not realising that there was already a thread about it.

So not bait and not fishing and also not beer talk either as we all had only had a couple of pints.

What is a load of rubbish is it my conversation with two older Unitedites or is it the Evans story or is it ?????.

If they had just said Evans was coming back I would believe them but when they say he'll be on £18k a week that suggests to me they've read that stupid article in the mirror and for whatever reason believe it. There is no way anyone would know what salary he would be on and I would stand on top of the kop naked if he was on £18k a week. One day we are told we can't afford Chris O'Grady and then the next day we are told we are going to pay £18k a week to someone fresh out of prison who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for 3 years. Come on Blades use your common sense :)

No, it's the fact that you claim to have two mates to talk to.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 10:14 ----------

If they had just said Evans was coming back I would believe them but when they say he'll be on £18k a week that suggests to me they've read that stupid article in the mirror and for whatever reason believe it. There is no way anyone would know what salary he would be on and I would stand on top of the kop naked if he was on £18k a week. One day we are told we can't afford Chris O'Grady and then the next day we are told we are going to pay £18k a week to someone fresh out of prison who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for 3 years. Come on Blades use your common sense :)

Fair enough comment but they seemed convinced and I had no need to doubt them.

How long has Alan Shearer been the manager of Wednesday?

I mean if this newspaper tells the truth he must be because they reported he was nailed on for the job two years ago.

It's pleasing that newspapers and beer swillers in clubs don't actually have any say in the running of our teams but also worrying that anyone takes any notice of them in the first place.

---------- Post added 23-06-2014 at 14:40 ----------

No, it's the fact that you claim to have two mates to talk to.

Lol, that made me laugh.

Evens will be offered a contract by a club when he's released ; and you never know it could be the Blades.

But he'll be lucky if he's on 5 grand a week.

Evens will be offered a contract by a club when he's released ; and you never know it could be the Blades.

Most sensible post on here, totally agree- SOMEONE will pick him up and take the risk, if it's united remains to be seen but there is not a cat in hells chance that man is in a powerful negotiating position, certainly not to 18k a week.

He will be LUCKY:rolleyes:if he is on five grand a week.

Most sensible post on here, totally agree- SOMEONE will pick him up and take the risk, if it's united remains to be seen but there is not a cat in hells chance that man is in a powerful negotiating position, certainly not to 18k a week.

£18k a week would probably lure Brayford back.

The Ched Evans controversy did he do it did he not, I think if united dont resign him he'll just go and do a job somewhere else have a season or two of crap off people then get signed for more money and earn money for someone else so I think sod it and resign him. He has served his time anyway. at least he didnt kill people driving like lee hughes. And get coady and the Beard back UTB

Edited by murofforum
forgot to say something

Why are you ashamed of Sheffield United?.

Not one word saying United will re-employ him has been said by the club.

It's just a back door way of having a dig.