£3m contract for Ched Evans?

I have skimmed this thread and believe I have only commented once before on the Ched Evans case. Given the seriousness of the charge and it's Sheffield connection at the time I went and read what reports on the case were open to public viewing - not just Ched Evans friends & family site - although that does make interesting reading. I found myself really questioning the charge.

Yes, as a woman who abhors rapists.

Ched Evans is not the brightest of men. Bit thick actually, and undoubtedly what happened on that night was more than distasteful.

No, just because the woman was drunk doesn't mean that she could be abused (there's cctv footage showing her an hour or two before the events took place).

I will also never fully understand why the other chap was found blameless. The victim states she remembers nothing then why take the case to court at all? Without wanting to cause any commotion - could it possibly be because she discovered exactly who it was she had been in the room with? Nothing in this case was black and white.

What is undoubtable is that Ched Evans, as a talented footballer will find another club; as is right; he will have served his time for the crime he was convicted of.

Madine was accepted back at Wednesday (admittedly for what most think of as a less abhorrent crime, but a crime nonetheless) against some fans wishes. IF Ched Evans comes back to The Lane will true fans stop supporting their club? I for one think that's a bit daft.

All of this is only my opinion of course, everyone has one - and Yes I know I'm an Owl but I am not seriously looking for an argument here. Just commenting.

Wise words, it seems its the Owls on here who have jumped the gun on this thread.

You make yourself look silly again.

It is you who has jumped the gun.

"I don't think Ched will offend again"

Now that is jumping the gun, to make such assumption.

I have skimmed this thread and believe I have only commented once before on the Ched Evans case. Given the seriousness of the charge and it's Sheffield connection at the time I went and read what reports on the case were open to public viewing - not just Ched Evans friends & family site - although that does make interesting reading. I found myself really questioning the charge.

Yes, as a woman who abhors rapists.

Ched Evans is not the brightest of men. Bit thick actually, and undoubtedly what happened on that night was more than distasteful.

No, just because the woman was drunk doesn't mean that she could be abused (there's cctv footage showing her an hour or two before the events took place).

I will also never fully understand why the other chap was found blameless. The victim states she remembers nothing then why take the case to court at all? Without wanting to cause any commotion - could it possibly be because she discovered exactly who it was she had been in the room with? Nothing in this case was black and white.

What is undoubtable is that Ched Evans, as a talented footballer will find another club; as is right; he will have served his time for the crime he was convicted of.

Madine was accepted back at Wednesday (admittedly for what most think of as a less abhorrent crime, but a crime nonetheless) against some fans wishes. IF Ched Evans comes back to The Lane will true fans stop supporting their club? I for one think that's a bit daft.

All of this is only my opinion of course, everyone has one - and Yes I know I'm an Owl but I am not seriously looking for an argument here. Just commenting.

Indeed , I dont want Ched back, but being honest its a 50/50 call as to if he he coming back:(

If he does, of course i will continue to support my team, will i follow Ched and give him my 100% backing , cheer on his every move? his goals? cant see it to be honest.

If or until, his conviction is quashed, i dont want him at the Lane.

They did...but what's your point?

is they were given a second chance in football and society, yes they may not have been rapists, but were prisoners in hmp.

You make yourself look silly again.

It is you who has jumped the gun.

"I don't think Ched will offend again"

Now that is jumping the gun, to make such assumption.

GOOD GRIEF MAN !! its an opinion !! move on:rolleyes:

I'm not sure I would want my kid's supporting a convicted rapist to be quite honest...

I'm not sure I would want my kid's supporting a convicted rapist to be quite honest...

Yet he does supports a repeat violent offender:|

We support the club , not the individual i say. Same as i did over the Marlon King signing.

We must remember Ched has not been resigned (as yet) and its all speculation.

We in Sheffield are close to the case, but i do wonder how other clubs coped when a few players convicted of death by driving when they returned to the game.

We all gave an EX Notts County player some stick, a proven goal scorer even on his release. How did his new clubs supporters feel?

I dont want him here, i dont want the bad press or the opposing supporters stick!! deflecting from a developing squad with a promotion target.

His crime was awful, and until his conviction is quashed, my opinion wont change.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

Ah, so here we are again, PW starting to compare once again.

This subject about Ched Evans, then bring to our attention for no significant reason, our club.

Ah good old Poundy.

You can argue all day long if he deserves another chance or not,some will continue to say he does,some will always say he doesnt.Putting that to one side i just think if he was to re sign the damage it would cause would make it a very stupid decision.With the 60k petition the feeling of outrage is obvious,imagine every home game the demos outside/inside the ground,opposition supporters would give him grief for 90 mins,this could easily escalate onto the terraces.certain opposing players will [and please dont tell me they are pros so it wont happen] will step out onto the pitch with the sole intention of "hurting the rapist" cos thats what they will be thinking.If all that isnt enough reason to avoid re signing him,and IF he eventually gets back to his scoring ways and even gets united promoted,would you really want the stigma of being the club who got promoted with the help of a rapist,and that is exactly the way you would be looked at.I just cant see any benefit whatsoever in united taking him back on,but uniteds not my team so i dont honestly care less.

Is it ok for them to support a double-offending violent ABH thug?

Is it ok for them to support a double-offending violent ABH thug?

In all honesty yes, you see fighting every day of the week OK his was criminal UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, I'm not so sure you see many "acts" of rape on TV much mind...