Chapel walk/ghost walk

Is it just me or is Chapel Walk really becoming a ghost walk. Loads of shops hae closed down. Its a sad time.

It did not seem to be that bad last week but I did not pay special attention to how many shops were closed.

We don't like the harassment of big issue on one side and other advertisers on the other side.

It did not seem to be that bad last week but I did not pay special attention to how many shops were closed.

We don't like the harassment of big issue on one side and other advertisers on the other side.

Yes about three or four shops have closed down with signs saying huge rental discounts. I think the big issue seller on the church side does harass people. Never had any advertisers harass me though. Its normally the chuggers near WHSmiths that cause me problems.

I'll have another look next week. Always seemed to be a place where people are present, usually walking through, I was in the phone shop there last month for something.

Is it just me or is Chapel Walk really becoming a ghost walk. Loads of shops hae closed down. Its a sad time.

certainly liek a ghost town on Chapel walk cant remember last time i walked on there just seem to be sandwich shops and couple nail bars

foxy78

certainly liek a ghost town on Chapel walk cant remember last time i walked on there

How do you know it's like a ghost town if you can't remember the last time you were down there?

No such thing as ghosts.

Oh yes there is,i have had quite a few on my old tele

Used to be one of the premier retail spots. Such a shame its declined.

I believe there is a coffee shop, a kitchen goods/china shop, a shop for clothes alterations, a bakery (which does gluten free products for any coeliacs) and others I can't recall just now.

Perhaps you should take another walk along there.

I go along there at least twice a week and have never been harassed by the big issue seller, I actually find him friendly and helpful (at least he has helped me a couple of times)

Pity the up-market shoe shop at the end has gone after all this time.

That interesting Birds Yard shop may have to close when they start getting charged full rent ...