Girl drummer/singer/show off

Girl drummer, singer, lyricist, show off, loud, aspirations way above her station

seeks rock n roll opportunity.

(before I get done for false advertising - girl probably should read immature 30 something)

Currently in a covers band for kicks.

Special power: can drum in skirt and heels

(but prefer not to - its a little restrictive)

(I have a real job too)

Edited by Bojolo

Evening,

I met a mate of mine that I used to be in a band with the other day, and we started talking about getting another band together. We are in our early thirties, Sheffield natives and both with much history of gigging. I play guitar and do a bit of singing, he plays bass and does a bit of singing. Previous incarnations of our band have failed to get off the ground due to the revolving drum stool, and then I took a bit of time off when I had a child.

So anyway, we're both realistic about what music can do - it's something that we will take seriously in terms of writing and producing good stuff, but neither of us is going to jack in regular work to try to 'make it' - and we're both in other bands already.

BUT: if you're keen, we've got a bit of material in a range of sounds from classic-ish rock through alternative and even a bit of funk thrown in. We'd be ready to go in terms of rehearsing, and I have access to a private rehearsal space if that is an issue.

That's us. What about you? If you're still looking, let me know and we can take it further. I'll keep an eye on this thread and my PMs if you want to get in touch and perhaps discuss it further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Andy

Hi, I'm forming a Ginger Baker tribute band. I'm a drummer but want to share the drumming. singer, backing singers, percussionists, guitarists also wanted. nickneil2003@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Parolly - not interested in tribute bands, but thanks for leaving a message.

Hi. What kind of music are you wanting to play?

Erm that's a good question. Not thrash metal. Not The Corrs.

Hi Parolly - not interested in tribute bands, but thanks for leaving a message.

Might be a tribute band, but Ginger Baker was the drummer to Cream and other bands that had Clapton in. I bet the music they knock out is great and would be the perfect group to show off your drumming.

Just listen to White Room

I'm well aware of who Ginger Baker is but I'm just not into that kind of band. But thank you for stopping by.

Do you like Thee Oh Sees? I've been wanting to find a female vocalist to do a UK version of TOS for a while.

Thanks for all your offers. I am sorted for the moment.

Hey Bojolo,

I appreciate you're sorted BUT, if ever you're interested in some 'non committal' session/collaborative work, feel free to DM /email/ twitter feed etc.

:)

I might be interested in some session work jonni&jooli (I'm a bassist though...sorry, didn't mean to butt in, but session work is hard to come by so you've got to grab anything you can find...) - send us a PM if you ever need bass...I've got loads of live and studio experience :-)