The edge climbing wall - closed?

They've been working on a new venue, but I've not been in for a few months now. Mainly because they seemed to stop resetting the bouldering wall and it got boring.

---------- Post added 25-05-2014 at 12:54 ----------

And the Foundry, and Awesome Walls and the Matrix.

my fave was the wave. used to have a great pic of me hanging one handed near the top. not many of our group managed to get up that wave!

The Wave? Was this a specific route, or just a section of wall?

The wave is the rock effect bouldering area in the foundry.

Lockjaw, do you know if there's any truth in the john dunne rumour? I take it he'd be going straight to the abbeydale cinema and the original wall won't re-open.

The edge was a good wall and if it was in any other town or city would have carried on being popular but Sheffield has an exceptional selection of climbing walls.

The climbing works is probably the best bouldering wall in the world (and that isn't exaggerating) and then the new awesome walls has the best indoor leading walls in the area. The foundry is a good all rounder.

thats a real shame . so is there only the climbing works now ?

Theres a new one near Meadowhall called 'Awesome Walls' which I have been told is really good.

I for one hopes that John Dunne takes over the Edge. I was fortunate to be on Burbage edge when he made the first ascent of Prometheus. I nearly cried when he slapped the final hold and made his way past that really dodgy flake that was filled with tiny rocks and micro nuts. Really nice down to earth yorkshire bloke through and through :thumbsup:

Oh, we always called it "the cave like bit".

There were obviously a range of problems on that section though... Do you not boulder regularly?

Lockjaw, do you know if there's any truth in the john dunne rumour? I take it he'd be going straight to the abbeydale cinema and the original wall won't re-open.

The edge was a good wall and if it was in any other town or city would have carried on being popular but Sheffield has an exceptional selection of climbing walls.

The climbing works is probably the best bouldering wall in the world (and that isn't exaggerating) and then the new awesome walls has the best indoor leading walls in the area. The foundry is a good all rounder.

And the matrix is quite small, but cheaper than all the others and personally slightly easier to get to.

Oh, we always called it "the cave like bit".

There were obviously a range of problems on that section though... Do you not boulder regularly?

And the matrix is quite small, but cheaper than all the others and personally slightly easier to get to.

Not forgetting Sheffields oldest climbing wall at the University ;)

Lockjaw, do you know if there's any truth in the john dunne rumour?

Not for certain. The bloke I know is a long standing, fairly high up employee of Go Outdoors who own the building The Edge is in so it would seem likely to be true but, who knows?

Don't know anything about the Abbeydale Cinema thing.

Not forgetting Sheffields oldest climbing wall at the University ;)

I'm not trying to sell it, I climb at all of them, should have been at works tonight, but my partners have bailed and it's not as much fun on your own.

Do you not boulder regularly?

Not sure what you mean. I boulder or climb every day.

Not sure what you mean. I boulder or climb every day.

Okay, cool.

I was just a bit surprised then that you were the only one of your group to ever make it to the top of the wave.

It normally had at least one V1 problem set on it.

---------- Post added 27-05-2014 at 07:37 ----------

my fave was the wave. used to have a great pic of me hanging one handed near the top. not many of our group managed to get up that wave!

Ah, I see what I did.

I confused muckymurphy and you because you answered when I asked what the wave was.