Does anyone on here have any experience of having house valued and sold

i know i would never use an estate agent again! they charge extortionate fees. someone told me 2 roost are very cheap

Get valuations from several estate agents and go with the one you have most confidence in, which might not be the one that gives the highest valuation. Decide whether you want to pay a percentage or a fixed fee and negotiate for the best deal, the deal they initially offer you is never the final one.

I've mentioned in a recent thread that JMC were very good when I moved, but I've recently come across 2roost professionally and found they were very good. Agents these days are having difficultly with valuations with the changing market, perhaps have a look on Land Registry to give you an idea of prices in your area?

Both Rightmove and Zoopla have sold prices. I would recommend getting at least 3 Estate Agents to value the house.

I would say in my experience of EAs, that some don't do their research. One valued our house the same as two complete wrecks on the road. He just saw that they were the last two sold and thought that was what ours was worth, forgetting that ours was in much better condition. And others on the road in much better condition had sold before that for more. Then again you get others that way over price to get the work.

I'd say be realistic with the house taking into account area, size, condition, etc. There are some on my street that have been on the market for well over a year and I think the main reason is price.

The whole selling thing for us was a bit of nightmare due to both our buyer pulling out and the house builder we were buying from being difficult. In the end it fell through.

Good photos help but often the person taking the photos hasn't got a clue. I'm not a photography expert but I new more about lighting than he did. Sadly I wasn't there when the EA was taking the photos so I couldn't advise him.

From someone who has been looking at houses recently how you present the house is key if you want to sell it quickly and get a good price. There was a house we looked at, it wasn't right for us as it was too small. But it is still on the market, even after at least two price reductions, and I suspect the reason is because a lot of people won't see past the nicotine stained walls, knackered out old fitted wardrobes, artex everywhere, old bathroom plus general dated feel even though they told us they had repainted some of the rooms recently and possibly other things I can't remember (was a few months ago when we looked at it).

Get 3 free valuations from estate agents, decide a price that's your happy with and the sell it yourself online on somewhere like houses simple.

Houses seem to be selling themselves at the moment and estate agents seem to just hike up their prices and do very little for your hard earned.

hi I sold with keys2go they were brilliant from start to finish all done within 3 months it went perfect I had 3 quotes but keys2go did all what the others were doing for fraction of price

mines now for sale with wh brown

i was with your move (had 2 viewings)

we have had a lot of viewings but it seems most of the people only interested in renting not buying at the moment

the fees are very high both agents sellings fees and solicitors fees