Quite a few police vans/cars round S5

Went past on the 83 earlier (near Wheta shops) and the police looked like they were speaking to a few youths but had half blocked the road with police cars and vans. Anyone know what happened?

Probably regarding the spate of burglaries in the area. They have been doing house to house over the past 2 weeks.

They have been doing house to house over the past 2 weeks.

I suppose if they go to enough houses, law of averages dictates they'll find one with a burglar in it. ;)

Just been to chavasda, something is going to happen tonight or has,loads of gangs around (more than usual) hoods up acting shady.Coppers all around the holgate avenue,road,cresent and colly road area.Be careful tonight peeps.

There was a large group(easily 20+,aged 15/18 roughly) of Black/Asian lads,waiting around with golf clubs and various other bats in Parson cross park.

They were obviously waiting around to meet with another group for a fight.

I was in the park with my lads playing football(promptly stopped though,when it started kicking off lol)

They were on the park side of the road,and there was one ginger kid on the other side of the road acting mental towards them with what apeared to be a knife in his hands.(I think his mates forgot to turn up with him,or he was just incredibly early lol)

Anyway,he had two PCSO's behind him,which I can only assume is the reason why these 20+ lads didn't just charge at him.

The whole ordeal was laughable from start to finish.

Took at least 20 minutes for the riot vans to turn up,and when they did,they all scarpered and back hopped it over peoples gardens.

Drove by page hall on a 75 bus yesterday and seen several people arguing in page hall. Not yet fighting but very close to breaking out into something worse.

---------- Post added 24-05-2014 at 09:28 ----------

There was a large group(easily 20+,aged 15/18 roughly) of Black/Asian lads,waiting around with golf clubs and various other bats in Parson cross park.

They were obviously waiting around to meet with another group for a fight.

I was in the park with my lads playing football(promptly stopped though,when it started kicking off lol)

They were on the park side of the road,and there was one ginger kid on the other side of the road acting mental towards them with what apeared to be a knife in his hands.(I think his mates forgot to turn up with him,or he was just incredibly early lol)

Anyway,he had two PCSO's behind him,which I can only assume is the reason why these 20+ lads didn't just charge at him.

The whole ordeal was laughable from start to finish.

Took at least 20 minutes for the riot vans to turn up,and when they did,they all scarpered and back hopped it over peoples gardens.

Thank you very much pete.

Finally someone who really knows what is going on and calling it laughable from start to finish.

This thread should be re-christened "Thug Watch"

As long as I can remember,(since the 1960s) the S5/S2 areas have been ones associated with thuggery/burglary. My questions are 1) "why does it continue after so long" 2) Is it just where "we" keep all our human dross?

This thread should be re-christened "Thug Watch"

As long as I can remember,(since the 1960s) the S5/S2 areas have been ones associated with thuggery/burglary. My questions are 1) "why does it continue after so long" 2) Is it just where "we" keep all our human dross?

There are still places in S5/S2 that stay free from these problems and where nice young people buy cheaper properties to start a good life with a house they can afford.

It is usually the council houses have no money kids that need to fight for entertainment, they don't get proper holidays.

Edited by dutch

There are still places in S5/S2 that stay free from these problems and where nice young people buy cheaper properties to start a good life with a house they can afford.

It is usually the council houses have no money kids that need to fight for entertainment, they don't get proper holidays.

Yep, not getting a proper holiday and being poorer than my peers made me a right little thug.....Oh no, if I misbehaved I got a "right telling off" from my parents who although we were poorer than other people we were taught respect for your fellow citizens and their property.

Yep, not getting a proper holiday and being poorer than my peers made me a right little thug.....Oh no, if I misbehaved I got a "right telling off" from my parents who although we were poorer than other people we were taught respect for your fellow citizens and their property.

Certainly some of the poorest kids I can remember were the best behaved, although that was mainly down to the parenting.