Warfarin users.

hi folks, anyone using it ,know of problems ,side effects etc, thanks.

Hi, my mum takes warfarin as she has a mechanical heart valve. With regular monitoring of INR (which determines the dose) no problems at all.

My mum was always told to avoid cranbury juice. And alcohol of course

I take warfarin and will have to for the rest of my natural, I have a severely damaged left ventricle and a pacemaker and I tolerate it very well, the biggest bind is the regular trips to the doctors for an INR test.

Don`t people on this med have to be very careful if they cut themselves. A guy I know will not shave himself because of this and always goes to the barber`s shop.

Don`t people on this med have to be very careful if they cut themselves. A guy I know will not shave himself because of this and always goes to the barber`s shop.

Warfarin is used to stop blood clots forming in the bloodstream, like around northern boy's mum's mechanical heart valve.

It's likely to take longer to stop bleeding if you cut yourself if on warfarin. Bruise more easily. watch out for interactions with other meds such as antibiotics, non steroidals etc also cranberry juice and herbal remedies like St Johns Wort can affect absorption and clotting ratios (INR)