Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

can anybody reccomend a glazer who could fit soundproof/accoustic glass, the neighbours who live opposite are driving me beserk with constant loud music, shouting and swearing i need an upstairs bedroom window replacing, it's double glazed supposedly  but you can hear every noise and it's drenched with condensation in the winter it's also very draughty,  I'm just checking at the moment because I'll need permission from the council first prior to fitting. I'm at my witts end with the noise!

I'm after some Sheffield Forum Help and advice

I'm looking at getting my front and rear door and kitchen window replaced as well as a couple of other window panels that have misted up

I've had a few quotes now and due to door sizes (too small for compesite) looking for UPVC

So far I've narrowed my choice down to either - 

West Yorkshire Windows,

Polar Windows

or

Sheffield Window Centre

The only posts I can see appear to be 5 -10 years old and was after some more recent help, if anyone had any experience with these companies, or can recommend any others

Many Thanks in advance :) 

Edited by corp
grammar change

Don Valley windows have aways been great.

Your dealing direct with the factory & fitters so no middle men.

On 20/03/2020 at 20:48, corp said:

I'm looking at getting my front and rear door and kitchen window replaced as well as a couple of other window panels that have misted up

I've had a few quotes now and due to door sizes (too small for compesite) looking for UPVC

West Yorkshire Windows,

Polar Windows

or

Sheffield Window Centre

The only posts I can see appear to be 5 -10 years old and was after some more recent help, if anyone had any experience with these companies, or can recommend any others

We had Just Trade windows and they were great. 

On 20/03/2020 at 20:48, corp said:

West Yorkshire Windows,

Polar Windows

or

Sheffield Window Centre

It will be a BIG mistake to use West Yorkshire Windows believe me. 

I'm looking to get a Solidoor branded composite from door fitted, can anyone please recommend a supplier/fitter for Sheffield?

1 hour ago, WarPig said:

I'm looking to get a Solidoor branded composite from door fitted, can anyone please recommend a supplier/fitter for Sheffield?

I used Just Doors UK online and got a local fitter once I had the door, they're hard to beat on price.

Thanks Brooker11, do they sell Solidoor brand?

I'm hoping to buy it under the forthcoming Government £5k Green Houses scheme, so will need to make sure the supplier/fitter is registered with the scheme.

Edited by WarPig

13 hours ago, WarPig said:

I'm hoping to buy it under the forthcoming Government £5k Green Houses scheme, so will need to make sure the supplier/fitter is registered with the scheme.

Thank you for querying this - it's something I'm interested in as well 👍

On 09/08/2020 at 22:43, WarPig said:

I'm not sure they do that brand I think they make their own usually with those type of things you can use a similar product to the same spec.

Hi,

Contact Classic Windows Dronfield Ltd 01246 290455, Approved installers of Solidor, Rockdoor and Endurance Composite Doors.

The Green scheme also that is due out very soon is a little misleading,  You can ge a grant to replace your windows ONLY if you are having Insulation or Solar Heating fitted under the scheme.

It must be to replace Single Glazed Windows Only so if you currently have Double Glazing you wont Qualify and Its also means tested from what we have heard so far.

Kind Regards

Jane

EcoThermal Designs are fantastic. I would highly recommend them.