Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

We had Safestyle and they did a good job !

HOWEVER !! They became a pain afterwards in continually calling us, trying to get us to have them do more work for us.

Be firm with them or they won't leave you alone !

Thanks for that.... It is a cash purchase. I just gave them £2500 cash for the porch which I do think looks value for money but as you say get other quotes. I could potentially have done a lot better.

The porch was probably about right imho.

I've just paid £2k for a door and front panel replacing on a porch - mine were composite however which comes with its own issues.

I genuinely swear by Roundbrand for new purchases, but they aren't very competitive on replacement glass units.

Storm Aileen has ripped off the fascia on the guttering on our conservatory roof in S7 (near Beauchief Hotel). Looking for someone to quote and repair. Please PM me. Thanks, Deb.

Storm Aileen has ripped off the fascia on the guttering on our conservatory roof in S7 (near Beauchief Hotel). Looking for someone to quote and repair. Please PM me. Thanks, Deb.

I would suggest Sheffield Window Centre on Broad Lane - they have been brilliant.

Just had 2 new sealed units fitted by Don Valley windows. The guys were great. I'm very pleased.

Excellent in every aspect. Highly recommended.

Hi

I'm sure this thread has been started before, but I was unable to find it and also wanted an update . . .

I live in a typical Victorian terraced and, as we'll be staying a few years, have decided to replace the original sash window downstairs. Most others along the street (Peveril Rd, opposite Endcliff Park) have double glazing but the results are mixed.

Can anyone recommend a company or offer advice? My budget is around £1500 - £2000.

Thanks

Just Trade Windows on Capel St (s6) Frank Steel 07813764004

Just had 2 new sealed units fitted by Don Valley windows. The guys were great. I'm very pleased.

Excellent in every aspect. Highly recommended.

I'll second that, turned up when they said they would and did a great job.

Depends on what profile you want for best results regards Jordan

Hi All

Looking to replace UPVC front door with a composite.

Has anyone any recommendations of who to use to supply + fit?

To be fitted in S13.

Anyone ones to avoid would be useful as well :)

Cheers

Our old UPVC front door is about to expire - given it gets hit with all the bad weather and looks a bit naff (dont UPVC always look naff?) we think going to composite is sensible

Seems a minefield out there in terms of doors and fitting - what/who would people recommend

Willing to go down the route of ordering from someone like GRPComposite (who are in the top 10 on trustpilot) and using a skilled local tradesman - or working with some who knows what they are doing and can source the door for us

Alas, we dont have a lot of money for this so not looking to use one of the big firms

I'm interested to see the replies to this, we're nearly at the same point with our door. I'd never have another white upvc door, they never look clean!