Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

Hello

Looking at taking some old double glazing windows out and replacing all for new. Just normal windows nothing fancy - no lead trimming or stained glass.

2 x bay windows, at the front of the house then rest are normal windows (no windows on the side of the house) also thinking of having the doors replaced.

As anyone had any done recently or can recommend anyone? I was speaking to one company who are workIng on a 12 week lead time.

Thanks

Make sure you recieve building control sign off ect with whom you choose when you fit your windows as most can fit windows and doors however some are certass or fensa registered installers (don't necessarily do the job properly or to standards they should as they self certify) and others use building control and every job is inspected others dont do either you will only realise how important this is when or if you decide to sell your house hope this helps regards Jordan

Edited by jordan24

Hello

Looking at taking some old double glazing windows out and replacing all for new. Just normal windows nothing fancy - no lead trimming or stained glass.

2 x bay windows, at the front of the house then rest are normal windows (no windows on the side of the house) also thinking of having the doors replaced.

As anyone had any done recently or can recommend anyone? I was speaking to one company who are workIng on a 12 week lead time.

Thanks

Try sheffield window centre

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 17:30 ----------

Give sheffield window centre a ring ,hassle free quotes via post once they have been to your house

Just had Matt Viney to do my whole house and am really pleased. Highly recommended. mjviney.com

From what you've said no one could begin to price. There is no such thing as a normal window. Every window is made to measure.

Give Adam a call at Don Valley Windows, he's never let me down.

Guest makapaka

Hi I've got two small bay windows and a box room window with leaded glazing that id like to replace with clear double glazed units - keeping the existing upvc frames.

Can anyone advise on a ball park figure to expect from a glazer.

I've had one quote for £600 and in the process of trying to get others - just wondered if anyone could advise if that seems reasonable.

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere local that I could purchase some sealed units for a window with an arched top? Plenty of places selling rectangular ones but google isn't bringing much back for arched.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend somewhere local that I could purchase some sealed units for a window with an arched top? Plenty of places selling rectangular ones but google isn't bringing much back for arched.

Call a few manufactures up such as sheffield window centre on broad lane ,they will sort you out

just tried to call Yorkshire windows and all the numbers are out of order. After googling it them it appears they have ceased trading.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/jobs-blow-for-south-yorkshire-window-firm-1-8326022

So I'm guessing my guarantee has gone! Now my problem is who can I get to repair my conservatory roof. It's a synseal global roof, are there any other companies that use that system.

David

just tried to call Yorkshire windows and all the numbers are out of order. After googling it them it appears they have ceased trading.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/jobs-blow-for-south-yorkshire-window-firm-1-8326022

So I'm guessing my guarantee has gone! Now my problem is who can I get to repair my conservatory roof. It's a synseal global roof, are there any other companies that use that system.

David

Is the guarantee not insurance backed in case of company going bust ?

Now my problem is who can I get to repair my conservatory roof. It's a synseal global roof, are there any other companies that use that system.

Don't know about synseal but we used South Yorkshire Windows and were very happy with their service.

David

My fiancé is a self employed window, door, conservatory fitter and he works with Synseal products so if you would like him to take a look at the problem for you please let me know and I'll send you his phone number. Thanks.