Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

A bit steep? That is extortionate. We paid that to have around 12 m2 (not sure what that is in feet) in windows replaced, with full oak frame and glass. That is several years ago and in the Netherlands, but I suggest you ring around, ignore the big 'Window' centres, find a good tradesman instead.

Thanks for the reply, think we may look at getting a flat window in :)

---------- Post added 29-06-2016 at 21:37 ----------

My fiancé is a window/door fitter and he says it would be a lot cheaper to stay with a flat window. It will be expensive to convert from a flat to a bow window.

Thanks, thought it would be more expensive, bit shocked with the price quoted though :)

A bit steep? That is extortionate. We paid that to have around 12 m2 (not sure what that is in feet) in windows replaced, with full oak frame and glass. That is several years ago and in the Netherlands, but I suggest you ring around, ignore the big 'Window' centres, find a good tradesman instead.

£1100 For a "flat to bow" isn't extortionate at all.

Do you have to have your windows and doors fitted from the company who supplies them or can anyone fit them. I've just purchased 3 windows and a door for an out house/ garage and the company I've got them from want more than the windows themselves to fit them. Can I go elsewhere?? They are being delivered this Friday.

Do you have to have your windows and doors fitted from the company who supplies them or can anyone fit them. I've just purchased 3 windows and a door for an out house/ garage and the company I've got them from want more than the windows themselves to fit them. Can I go elsewhere?? They are being delivered this Friday.

You can choose who fits them ,you can even fit them yourself they are very easy to fit

I'm sure I could do the Windows it's the door I'm a little worried about and wanted a professional to do it.

Use who ever you want.

I never got my fitters name but his number is 07549512516, he's registered on checkatrade and very good.

I've rang him he's too busy, can anyone recommend a double glazing fitter?

Does anyone have any idea who does supply only upvc windows in Sheffield. That is to say I want to fit em myself. Recommendations gladly listened to. Keen to look at quality /fabrication quality before buying. Ta all

Does anyone have any idea who does supply only upvc windows in Sheffield. That is to say I want to fit em myself. Recommendations gladly listened to. Keen to look at quality /fabrication quality before buying. Ta all

There is quite a few places that will do supply only but you have to do your own measurements

Try Camden windows or seven day windows ,both Hillsboro way

Looking for help with secondary glazing for noise reduction. Have got an approx quote for the actual window panel, but am v unconfident about precise measurements and fitting it. Who would I get to help me - would a general handyman do it or do I need a window fitter?

Thanks

I'm looking for help with secondary glazing for noise reduction. Have got an approx quote for the actual window panel, but am unconfident about precise measurements and fitting it. Who would I get to help me - would a general handyman do it or do I need a window fitter?

Thanks