Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

Hi,

I'm looking to replace a large pair of old, wooden, single glazed patio doors with some new, warmer, draft proof ones. Probably uPVC to keep costs down and probably with the top section being a pair of windows, as the space is very tall (2.6 x 1.8m).

I'd rather use a local builder/joiner than a double glazing company. Does anybody have any recommendations? I'm in S8.

Thanks,

Joe

Can anyone recommend a window fitter/company, who are reasonably priced, to quote and fit two front bay windows, a small bedroom window and back door?

Thanks.

Hi good people of Sheffield an beyond

Im looking to buy a used external UPVC door. Where is a good place to in Sheffield?

Thank you :)

Hi good people of Sheffield an beyond

Im looking to buy a used external UPVC door. Where is a good place to in Sheffield?

Thank you :)

What size and style you wanting as my brother has one but no keys as far as I know but new locks are cheap enough .his is half glazed with clear glass I believe

What size and style you wanting as my brother has one but no keys as far as I know but new locks are cheap enough .his is half glazed with clear glass I believe

Ill just grab a tape and give it a measure.

Thank you for that :)

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 09:35 ----------

The door is 70.6cm x 197.3cm

:)

Edited by Stoned

Ill just grab a tape and give it a measure.

Thank you for that :)

---------- Post added 24-02-2016 at 09:35 ----------

The door is 70.6cm x 197.3cm

:)

just ben to measure his door and its 270cm high by87cm wide and he says he thinks he may hae the key for it

just ben to measure his door and its 270cm high by87cm wide and he says he thinks he may hae the key for it

A bit too big but many thanks for finding out the measurements for me mate :)

A bit too big but many thanks for finding out the measurements for me mate :)

I should have put my measurements are actual frame sizes not door itself

Hello.

We are looking to get wooden sash replacement windows that don't cost a fortune. We are in S11.

Can anyone recommend anyone? We only have a small budget.

Thank you.

We've just had a quote for a double glazed window, I can't remember the exact measurements but it's a small 2 bedroom bungalow. The price they gave us was

£1,100 for a plain small bay window. I thought this was a bit steep, would it be any cheaper to stay with the flat window....

We've just had a quote for a double glazed window, I can't remember the exact measurements but it's a small 2 bedroom bungalow. The price they gave us was

£1,100 for a plain small bay window. I thought this was a bit steep, would it be any cheaper to stay with the flat window....

A bit steep? That is extortionate. We paid that to have around 12 m2 (not sure what that is in feet) in windows replaced, with full oak frame and glass. That is several years ago and in the Netherlands, but I suggest you ring around, ignore the big 'Window' centres, find a good tradesman instead.

My fiancé is a window/door fitter and he says it would be a lot cheaper to stay with a flat window. It will be expensive to convert from a flat to a bow window.