Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

Try Don Valley Windows, West Don St. 0114 2855973 or Warwick Developments, Butterthwaite Lane, Ecclesfield 0114 2571200

Try Paul who owns Acorn windows (Neepsend) 0114 275 0524, and make to measure.

I can recommend!

sheffield windows, great profile , cash and collect

If you live on an estate that all houses have brown windows can you change yours to white and do you have to go through planning. Includes soffits and facias

If you own your house, your title (HMLR entries, lease covenants, etc.) might also restrict what you can do.

Have now had a few quotes from various double glazing companies. I like the look of Sheffield Window Centre, who I know get good recommendations. Has anybody any recent experience of Polar Windows of Chesterfield? They are a bit cheaper and I really like the look of the frame profile they use (Profile 22 fs70 which is sculptured). Or can anybody recommend a company that uses a similar profile?

Hi

Has anyone had any recent dealings with above company?

We are thinking of having a conservatory from them?

Thanks

We had them out for a quote, decided against them in the end as I believe everything is subcontracted out to no doubt the lowest bidder, although we did visit some of there showrooms and 1 job they had recently completed, at all costs avoid Polar windows

Mod Note

I have merged the new thread with the existing MEGATHREAD on the subject which will have come up as a prompt when the new thread was posted.

please use the search facility before starting a new thread.

We had them out for a quote, decided against them in the end as I believe everything is subcontracted out to no doubt the lowest bidder, although we did visit some of there showrooms and 1 job they had recently completed, at all costs avoid Polar windows

So avoid just because they use subcontractors? Does anyone recommend a company that doesn't use subcontractors?

They have told us that they don't subcontract :-/

We have just had quote from Safestyle for a composite door for £2429 which went down to under £1000 after the call to his manager!!!.Does anyone ever fall for that ?