Replacement window & door recommendations MEGATHREAD. NO JOBS, ADS OR QUOTES

i thought they were still called vision windows ?

They are called Vision Trade which is slightly different. Basically its the same company run by the same people but any guarantees for work carried out before the name change are no longer valid. Beware

Anyone got recommendations for a company to replace a blown window panel?

I have recently had some UPVC windows fitted and have been experiencing quite a few some problems with them since they have been installed. Can any one recommend someone who can conduct an independent survey of them and who would also be willing to provide a report and what they charge.

Edited by BettyBoop64

I'm looking for new windows and doors and I'm unsure what company to go with, what made you choose the company you went with?

Thank you

We used vision but I would recommend you stay away from them, they cancelled several appointments for various reasons. Two years after the windows were installed the units started to mist up and handles fell off, we contacted them thinking the work would be covered by their 10 year guarantee only to be told that the guarantees were worthless because Vision had folded as a business even though they had set up a new company also called Vision and was doing exactly the same work with the same people!

Anyone got recommendations for a company to replace a blown window panel?

Try sheffield window centre

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 17:30 ----------

looking to get 6 windows and 2 upvc doors can anyone recommend a company have searched the forum but they are pretty old post's. I live in the s5 area and would prefer a local company rather than the big companies you see advertised on the t.v. Thanks for any help you can give

Give sheffield window centre a ring ,hassle free quotes via post once they have been to your house

Can anyone recommend a firm that can replace my current upvc windows with the same. Need one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen.

Looking for the traditional design with the one opener at top.

Cheers.

Just had ours done by Global.Excellent job

Can anyone recommend a firm that can replace my current upvc windows with the same. Need one for the bathroom and one for the kitchen.

Looking for the traditional design with the one opener at top.

Cheers.

Give Leigh Glazing a call on 07764455624.

Just had ours done by Global.Excellent job

I have had bad history with Global. The doors cracked and faded in the sunlight over time and they would not honour the 10 year guarantee.

They just fobbed me off with the wear and tear sob story :mad:

Give frank a call at Just Trade windows ltd on 01142349424, reasonable prices and top service.

I have had numerous properties done by this company....

I will second these guys, just fitted a couple of composite doors, almost a third cheaper than previous quotes we got.

We are very pleased with them , so much so they are doing a window replacement for us.

Hi. I have a detached garage with a greenhouse attached. I've tried to find a picture of something like it on the web, the closest I could find was THIS

The window frames are currently made of wood and really rotten and the plastic roof is cracked and leaking.

I want to replace it all. Is it possible to get second grade windows? I'm not wanting to spend a fortune because after all it's just a garage with a greenhouse but I think the route of UPVC would be better as after all, we aren't in the 1970s anymore.

Who might quote for something like this?