Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

Why is everything in Sheffield so ball achingly protracted? the Pyramids of Giza were erected quicker than this Pennistone road work!

Because SCC insist on roadworks being carried out at nights, weekends or outside peak travel time.

Close the road, divert the traffic, get in and get that thing built is the most time, and cost, effective way of doing it.

Clearly that isn't true. Penistone Rd has had daylight roadworks for the past 6 months, Parkside road has had a lane closed for several weeks.

The rules from Sheffield City Council Highways is that there must be two lanes of traffic open from 6.00AM to 7.00PM.

Amey are also allowed to shut one lane any time on Sunday, which is interesting because Sunday is just as busy, possibly more busy, than a weekday

I saw a bus in the bus lane today!

It was empty of course, a school bus at 1400. And the bus lane benefited it not at all, since it undertook me, and then was overtaken, leaving Penistone Rd directly behind me at Parkside.

So yehhh, all the money spent has achieved absolutely nothing.

I'm still to see a bus in the bus lane and I use that route daily from town.

I have to admit I'm very pleased with the result! If the money has come from Europe and cost us nothing, it was worth it.

As a car driver, removing any chance of a bus holding me up (when there is one) can only be good news.

I always used to travel back to S5 via Shirecliffe but it now only takes about 7 minutes from Shalesmore to Wadsley Bridge. That is a definite improvement.

I will say that the Bradfield Rd inbound junction on Penistone Road is much better with the extension and widening of the 2 lanes to turn right at Swann Mortons.

I think the left of the 2 though should be marked Walkley/Crookes (or similar) rather than Glos A6101.

One thing that confuses me is that in front of McDonalds the central reservation has an indent. Any idea what it is for?

One thing that confuses me is that in front of McDonalds the central reservation has an indent. Any idea what it is for?

When lorries are reversing into Jewel Blade opposite, they have to pull out onto the central reservation hence the kerb is lowered at that point

I'm still to see a bus in the bus lane and I use that route daily from town.

I have to admit I'm very pleased with the result! If the money has come from Europe and cost us nothing, it was worth it.

As a car driver, removing any chance of a bus holding me up (when there is one) can only be good news.

I always used to travel back to S5 via Shirecliffe but it now only takes about 7 minutes from Shalesmore to Wadsley Bridge. That is a definite improvement.

The bus will still hold you up, junction capacity is the problem, not tarmac capacity. By effectively queue jumping to the junction the bus will actually hold up MORE motorists than before.

Given how few buses there are though it's probably irrelevant.

When lorries are reversing into Jewel Blade opposite, they have to pull out onto the central reservation hence the kerb is lowered at that point

I don't think so, the 'indent' is on the opposite side of the central reservation to Jewel Blade. It's most likely there because of a cluster of service boxes in the carriageway that couldn't be lifted up to the central reserve level.

The Change to Leppings lane / Penistone Rd Junction is horrendous there is more standing traffic now than there has ever been so much for so called improvement,Just about Everytime you come to this Junction you are stood waiting at the lights at least with the roundabout you had movement sorry but this has to be a Big failure traffic coming on Penistone rd towards Sainsbury's regularly block traffic that wants to go across from Leppings lane to Herries rd and also block the traffic from entering Penistone rd North towards Halifax rd from Leppings Lane hence now traffic regularly backs right back up Leppings Lane.So much for improvement Errr NOT.