Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

I think it's much better but there are hold ups at the moment because of the road works on Parkside road stopping commuters turning left on there, they now have to travel further up to Leppings Lane. It won't be for ever.

Absolute chaos this morning again. Fed up of it now!

It's because of the Parkside Road closure - oh and the little darlings going back to school :rolleyes:

i travel through that junction every weekday and i cant say i've noticed much difference.

I definitely think it's slower coming in via Halifax Road past Argos and Sainsbury's. The right hand turn into Leppings backs up a long way (over the Sainsbury's junction which causes problems). Also when turning right people then turning right into the garage causes problems too. The 'Keep Clear' should really be a yellow box and the carriageway should have been made wide enough for cars to get past someone turning right.

I'd have also seriously considered taking out the street parking on Leppings Lane all the way up to the football ground. Obviously it wouldn't be popular with residents but Leppings Lane is a major access route.

However I'm still generally glad they've taken the roundabout out, because it wasn't great.

Edited by mogwai84

The right turn on to leppings lane is a bit of a mare at the new junction, but in general I think it's an improvement on the roundabout.

The junction needed yellow boxes with some enforcement via cameras if possible. There's always someone who creeps through the lights with no thought for what's going to happen when the lights in the other direction change to green.

Roadworks are STILL ongoing: contraflow working there last night. When might it all be finished, anyone?

Roadworks are STILL ongoing: contraflow working there last night. When might it all be finished, anyone?

i think the original estimate was that it was due to finish today (27th)?

i think the original estimate was that it was due to finish today (27th)?

Let's hope so, otherwise I dread to think what it will be like with tomorrow's home match.

I can't see it being finished, if they claim to have finished and don't re-surface the huge swathes of road that are still a mess than I shall be very annoyed.

Why can't opposite traffic both flow at the same time ?

Those lights only let 1 set go for some reason, but there is no reason why both leppings lane and herries road south can't go at the same time, then penistone road north and south can both go at the same time, those that need to turn right can do so when gaps appear, if this is the design for good then it's either poor planning, or the nanny state saying turning right is dangerous drivers need extra help.

Why is everything in Sheffield so ball achingly protracted? the Pyramids of Giza were erected quicker than this Pennistone road work!

Why is everything in Sheffield so ball achingly protracted? the Pyramids of Giza were erected quicker than this Pennistone road work!

Around 20 years but not a bad effort. :)