Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

Can one believe that the Sheffield Council planning committee allowed Sainsbury's to build a gigantic supermarket on one of Sheffield's most congested road junctions.

This junction is not only one of the main arteries into the City but also a nightmare to negotiate when Sheffield Wednesday are playing at home .

The town planners are insane.

Oh yes, probably the same planning committee that allowed a supermarket, McDonalds and a DIY shed to built within the grounds of one of the (what was) finest preserved barracks in the country.

Can one believe that the Sheffield Council planning committee allowed Sainsbury's to build a gigantic supermarket on one of Sheffield's most congested road junctions.

This junction is not only one of the main arteries into the City but also a nightmare to negotiate when Sheffield Wednesday are playing at home .

The town planners are insane.

Maybe they should have refused it permission so people could call them 'anti-business' instead.

Maybe they should have refused it permission so people could call them 'anti-business' instead.

There is hundreds of thousands of business hours and lost revenue due to the siting of this super market this along side the so called road improvements .

On a more local statistic just ask the small business people who are trying to just make ends meet in that area.

How many thousands of gallons of fuel has there been just polluting the air while the traffic has been gridlocked for hours on end.

Anti business it is.

There is hundreds of thousands of business hours and lost revenue due to the siting of this super market this along side the so called road improvements .

but when it's all finished there will be millions of business hours saved which opens the way for massive revenue generating opportunities

---------- Post added 05-11-2014 at 20:25 ----------

i noticed a sign about the disruptions on the way home stating that works would commence on 10th November for 3 weeks. The roads will be closed between 7am & 7pm monday to friday. ( i think that were the times.. it could have been between 7pm & 7am).

i rather think it was 7pm to 7am, closing Penistone Rd for 12 hours during the day for 3 weeks might cause a little bit of disruption

Where will the business hour savings come from?

Be glad when it's all finished it's been a nightmare

Went past earlier heading away from town and there were 2 road signs next to each other, one saying use left lane and one saying the right. Turned out to be the right we had to use and just after the lights it reopened to 2 lane but without notice went back to just the right lane. A car nearly side swiped me after not seeing me and drifted into my lane.

Total crazy and who ever sorted the signage needs to sort their eye sight

Do you recon it will be worth it or even if it will be better??

I personally think that the roundabout (although not perfect) was better.

I know that the delays are from the workmen but is lights instead of the roundabout going to cause less traffic

Do you recon it will be worth it or even if it will be better??

I personally think that the roundabout (although not perfect) was better.

I know that the delays are from the workmen but is lights instead of the roundabout going to cause less traffic

All depends on how the light sequences are gonna be set at certain times of the day - the roundabout was far from perfect but the light system might not be much better.......

On a more local statistic just ask the small business people who are trying to just make ends meet in that area.

How many thousands of gallons of fuel has there been just polluting the air while the traffic has been gridlocked for hours on end.

Anti business it is.

You miss my point - I'm not arguing for or against this Sainsburys, merely pointing out that you so casually accuse the planners of madness without appreciating the damned-if-they-do-damned-if-they-don't scenario they are usually placed in with this kind of development.

Look at the Ikea - called anti-business for delaying the decision to properly assess the traffic impact in the Don Valley area but you tell me what would have happened if they had just said yes at the first opportunity only to find the roads couldn't cope with the new traffic and ground the entire area to a halt - no doubt Sheffield Forum would have labelled them as incompetant for not doing thorough checks in to what the traffic impact would be.