Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

It looks like the right turn onto Leppings Lane from Penistone Road will be re opened once the works are finished. Came down there last night and noticed the new filter lane and traffic lights which seem to have a right turn arrow.

some info on http://roadworks.org/ (click on the symbol by the junction of leppings lane and penistone rd) but not as detailed as would be helpful. says the permit is open until 17th oct.

I am not being picky as genuinely trying to find out what torture is going to be inflicted upon us next but:

Leppings lane is closed and there is no help just complete chaos. "Police have been on site but have been told our useless council have granted permision for it and can do nothing".

You should have bolded a bit more of my quote, the police would have attended the chaos and asked the site supervisor what is this craziness to have been "told" permission was granted. It would be ilegal to close a road without permit but the pc would have had to believe what he was told. If they hadn't got council permission the act would have been illegal and the pc could have forced them to reopen the road.

It doesn't necessarily mean it is true and even looking for a public announcement on-line i cannot find anything. As i said even a bus had to be turned around so the bus company wasn't aware, fortunately there's the large forecourt next to law brothers.

On penistone road cars were having to drive over the central reservation to turn around.

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 11:18 ----------

It looks like the right turn onto Leppings Lane from Penistone Road will be re opened once the works are finished. Came down there last night and noticed the new filter lane and traffic lights which seem to have a right turn arrow.

I had a job finding plans for this bit, this may not be upto date but are all i have found upto now.https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/152171/response/376052/attach/5/VD12024%20D110B%20Public%20Con.pdf

I cannot see the logic of no Left turn from herries road onto penistone road. How does someone say coming down herries road park in the car park (across from swfc). As its only waste ground at the moment surely a slip road and give way could have been put in.

I am not being picky as genuinely trying to find out what torture is going to be inflicted upon us next but:

Leppings lane is closed and there is no help just complete chaos. "Police have been on site but have been told our useless council have granted permision for it and can do nothing".

You should have bolded a bit more of my quote, the police would have attended the chaos and asked the site supervisor what is this craziness to have been "told" permission was granted. It would be ilegal to close a road without permit but the pc would have had to believe what he was told. If they hadn't got council permission the act would have been illegal and the pc could have forced them to reopen the road.

It doesn't necessarily mean it is true and even looking for a public announcement on-line i cannot find anything. As i said even a bus had to be turned around so the bus company wasn't aware, fortunately there's the large forecourt next to law brothers.

On penistone road cars were having to drive over the central reservation to turn around.

---------- Post added 15-10-2014 at 11:18 ----------

I had a job finding plans for this bit, this may not be upto date but are all i have found upto now.https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/152171/response/376052/attach/5/VD12024%20D110B%20Public%20Con.pdf

I cannot see the logic of no Left turn from herries road onto penistone road. How does someone say coming down herries road park in the car park (across from swfc). As its only waste ground at the moment surely a slip road and give way could have been put in.

I cannot get on to check if its still there, but there used to be a section within the Sheffield.gov web site showing all the proposals from Halifax Rd and through the length of Penistone Road, including a sort of Fly Through where they detail the changes at each junction. It is well worth reading to see what is happening. I remember some discussions on a Sheffield Forum thread including the problems in the area of the SWFC Car ParK and other businesses in that triangle of land needing access from Penistone Road. I don't know if they were resolved. If I get chance, I'll try and post some links, unless you or someone else can find them first.

Would just like to congratulate amey on great management of above road

Works tonight NOT If two lanes are open... take down the sign that says the outside one is closed! As it will cause tail backs and " slight" frustration to people trying to get home..............many thanks! Keep up the good work:loopy:

Was there an accident around there tonight? I heard you couldn't get onto Leppings Lane from either direction and Penistone Road was closed past the Wednesday ground.

Hope if there was a accident all are ok, when I was going thro around 6.45 there was "Ameyident" (wrong signage).They really do need to try harder. I appreciate it's not easy but unless they keep on their toes .I fear they are in danger of maybe creating accidents. Which nobody wants to happen.

Was there an accident around there tonight? I heard you couldn't get onto Leppings Lane from either direction and Penistone Road was closed past the Wednesday ground.

I came through at around 7.30pm - stationary for ages, but I think it was the two lanes merging into one by the new Sainsburys combined with the temporary traffic lights and heavy rain. Once through the 'roundabout' the roads were fairly clear.

Hope there wasn't a crash :(

I came through at around 7.30pm - stationary for ages, but I think it was the two lanes merging into one by the new Sainsburys combined with the temporary traffic lights and heavy rain. Once through the 'roundabout' the roads were fairly clear.

Witnessed a very crazy near miss earlier near the turn in to Morrisons heading in to town.

I was standing in traffic on Bradfield road 2 cars behind the loon who nearly wiped a few cars out. I needed fuel so was in the Morrisons lane and so was he. Having turned on to Penistone Road the numpty realised at the last minute that he was in a lane for turning in to Morrisons (now I can understand the confusion as the markings on the road aren't exactly straight forward especially in the dark)....However rather than slowing down and looking for a chance to change into the right lane, instead the bloke just continued at around 30 p/h ish and just slammed back out into the middle again narrowly missing a couple of cars both behind and beside him. He then at the last minute noticed that the road then splits to an s bend and swerved back over to the right however as he still hadn't reduced his speed and was obviously panicked due to his stupidly idiotic previous mistake, he over cut it and nearly went head on into traffic travelling in the opposite direction taking out a couple of cones in the process!.

This account of events is scarily 100% factual which me wonder instantly whether the driver was actually under the influence to be honest. Man or woman the driving was atrocious and endangered the lives of others! Drunk or sober I would have their license off them.

Seemed to be a lot of blue lights around on Penistone Rd a little earlier than that.

At the moment this junction seems to be running fairly smoothly in the rush hour, although it is a bit hairy at times with the switching of lanes and obstacles in the way.

When is it due for completion? - I noticed the traffic light poles are now in.

Regards

Doom

Witnessed a very crazy near miss earlier near the turn in to Morrisons heading in to town.

I was standing in traffic on Bradfield road 2 cars behind the loon who nearly wiped a few cars out. I needed fuel so was in the Morrisons lane and so was he. Having turned on to Penistone Road the numpty realised at the last minute that he was in a lane for turning in to Morrisons (now I can understand the confusion as the markings on the road aren't exactly straight forward especially in the dark)....However rather than slowing down and looking for a chance to change into the right lane, instead the bloke just continued at around 30 p/h ish and just slammed back out into the middle again narrowly missing a couple of cars both behind and beside him. He then at the last minute noticed that the road then splits to an s bend and swerved back over to the right however as he still hadn't reduced his speed and was obviously panicked due to his stupidly idiotic previous mistake, he over cut it and nearly went head on into traffic travelling in the opposite direction taking out a couple of cones in the process!.

This account of events is scarily 100% factual which me wonder instantly whether the driver was actually under the influence to be honest. Man or woman the driving was atrocious and endangered the lives of others! Drunk or sober I would have their license off them.

Saw something very similar to this the other day except in daylight. Got in Morrison's lane, swerved all the way left then swerved back right to get into the coned off right lane. All happened just in front of me but luckily nobody alongside & I drive the route every day so try to give plenty of space (notwithstanding terrible driving it is still a fairly shoddy bit of road at the moment!).