Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

It was even deserted on the last few days before christmas, when everywhere else was busting at the seams. I went in to buy a few things that had completely sold out elsewhere.

It will stay empty if they don't reduce their ridiculous sky high prices.

We use Sainsbury`s but only every now and again. My wife likes to do her big shops at different supermarkets anyway, but has done one there. I pop over every other week for stuff, like their Basics one cup tea bags, they`re unbelievably cheap and taste OK. It annoys me using one normal size (and normal price... ) tea bag per cup which is how we always make tea, so I buy loads of their one cup tea bags both for home and for work !

They do the same as the others in giving money back vouchers if things could be bought else where.

We may have reached saturation point now for supermarkets and some will go out of business. If it wasn't for people loosing their jobs I'd be glad..

I agree it does cause problems some times - I go down there every morning around 8, sometimes straight through but some mornings it is backed up to Grahams Tyres. Having said that it still clears pretty quickly, I'm not sat in the traffic for any more than 5 minutes.

I suppose what has to be taken into account is that other routes into the junction will be running better than they used to, so it's kind of swings and (no) roundabouts :hihi:

i suspect that much of that is caused by traffic wanting to turn right up herries road towards the ngh and meadowhall overflowing the filter lane which starts at parkside road.

I live in the area and would love to know what effect the increased traffic congestion has had on air quality in the area. We never used to see standing traffic for very long on any of the roads leading to this junction and now its seems to be a permanent feature!!!

I live in the area and would love to know what effect the increased traffic congestion has had on air quality in the area. We never used to see standing traffic for very long on any of the roads leading to this junction and now its seems to be a permanent feature!!!

Sounds like it was designed by a Council "eggspurt".

Angel1.

They do the same as the others in giving money back vouchers if things could be bought else where.

We may have reached saturation point now for supermarkets and some will go out of business. If it wasn't for people loosing their jobs I'd be glad..

It depends what you mean. North Sheffield has loads of supermarkets, too many I`d have thought, too many for the supermarkets themselves that is.

But we`re thinking of moving up to Crosspool (better schools.....) and are surprised at how few supermarkets there are up there. Of the ones we could find there was just one, a expensive Spar minimarket.

It depends what you mean. North Sheffield has loads of supermarkets, too many I`d have thought, too many for the supermarkets themselves that is.

But we`re thinking of moving up to Crosspool (better schools.....) and are surprised at how few supermarkets there are up there. Of the ones we could find there was just one, a expensive Spar minimarket.

2 minutes down the road in Broomhill you are spoilt for choice with no fewer than 4 though?

2 minutes down the road in Broomhill you are spoilt for choice with no fewer than 4 though?

Which supermarkets are you referring to and where exactly are they ?

Which supermarkets are you referring to and where exactly are they ?

Morrisons (old Spar), Sainsburys a few doors along, Tesco slightly further down, and Select n Save up from the tavern

Sainsbury's are supposed to be moving into the Plough though at Crosspool (according to a thread in here), which will have parking.

I'd guess that they don't mean 'express' sized 'super' markets, but full sized ones.

Morrisons (old Spar), Sainsburys a few doors along, Tesco slightly further down, and Select n Save up from the tavern

Sainsbury's are supposed to be moving into the Plough though at Crosspool (according to a thread in here), which will have parking.

I'd guess that they don't mean 'express' sized 'super' markets, but full sized ones.

I was primarily meaning larger type supermarkets. The smaller ones are handy if you can walk to them, or are walking past them on your way home, but none of the "local type" supermarkets mentioned in the post would really be in easy walking distance of most of Crosspool. We were recently interested in a house on Stephen Hill and they`re not easily walkable from there, certainly not with any amount of shopping !