Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

hasnt ayone noticed yet that the NEW road surface is already breaking down and coming up?

soon be full of pot holes like every other road in sheffield

4.30pm travelling down Halifax Road and onto Penistone Road. Traffic was very heavy.

No where near as chaotic as Meadowhead on an average day I would say tbh.

I pass in the same direction at around the same time, and also think it is probably a little better than before. I travel in the opposite direction at around 7:30 am. Probably also a little better, but it feels odd having to stop at lights, as opposed to slowly moving forward in the queue waiting at the give way.

Overall, for me, not much difference, so far. However, if they are still fine tuning the timing of the lights, there's still the chance that it will change.

hasnt ayone noticed yet that the NEW road surface is already breaking down and coming up?

Where abouts on the new road is breaking down and have you reported this

to Amey or the Council

You can report any substandard work online, there was a form for it IIRC.

It needs to be done, otherwise the work will be signed off and they will get away with it.

4.30pm travelling down Halifax Road and onto Penistone Road. Traffic was very heavy.

I travelled through on Friday evening about 6.30pm from Penistone Road and up Halifax Road and just sailed through although there were plenty of traffic. Great, it's much better now the island has gone.

Sorry if someone has made the point, but I wonder if the right turn from coming down Halifax Road and turning onto Leppings Lane is much busier than normal because when the tram gate isn't on people are going via Hillsborough and Infirmary Road rather than Penistone Road and the roadworks.

Sorry if someone has made the point, but I wonder if the right turn from coming down Halifax Road and turning onto Leppings Lane is much busier than normal because when the tram gate isn't on people are going via Hillsborough and Infirmary Road rather than Penistone Road and the roadworks.

If you wanted to get to Infirmary Rd. I would use Bradfield Rd rather

than Leppings Lane. By the way the Tramgate is now back in operation.

My bus smashed into a left turner just before the new Sainsbury store going up Halifax Road around 1.30 P.M no one seemed to be able to work out where they were actually going so many traffic lights .

I head through here both directions every day and I must say, after some teething problems, it appears to be working very well now. No hold-ups, still a lot of right turners but doesn't seem to be damaging the overall flow and the supermarket fine too.

I never had a particular problem with the roundabout but even so I'd say the new set up is good (fingers crossed!).

If you wanted to get to Infirmary Rd. I would use Bradfield Rd rather

than Leppings Lane. By the way the Tramgate is now back in operation.

I meant outside of tram gate hours.

So it's improved, for the tidal flows... But got worse for the minor flows.

Brilliant.

I meant outside of tram gate hours.

Even outside tramgate hours.

I would still use Penistone Rd to Bradfield Rd, to reach Middlewood Rd,at Hillsborough Corner. If you go on Leppings you have to turn left at Catchbar Lane traffic lights,then right at Parkside Rd traffic lights, left at Middlewood Rd traffic lights. Finally through traffic lights at Hillsborough Corner.

Personally I cannot see any advantage in using leppings Lane

Edited by bazjea