Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

I see there was more large scale deforestation going on along Penistone Road this morning, this time of the trees at the side of the road underneath the pigeon coops.

I see there was more large scale deforestation going on along Penistone Road this morning, this time of the trees at the side of the road underneath the pigeon coops.

good to see the trees in between the lanes have been reinstated tho :)

---------- Post added 11-10-2014 at 17:57 ----------

How does your vehicle end up in a lane 'you had no intention of going into'?

The road markings,cones,signs and other traffic make it quite easy to be in control of where your vehicle ends up, or should we be worried?

ah, there is the issue ... the road markings are, um, not as clear as they could be, but I think people are understanding that this is a temporary situation.

I've found myself inadvertently in the turn for Morrisons and inadvertently in the turn for the garages coming the other way as the lanes 'magically' shift ... almost daily :hihi: ... and I drive this road daily, so am pretty familiar with lane layout and traffic light sequence, but they can do a lot in a day :hihi::hihi:

Yeah I drive it a lot, its pretty easy if you give yourself enough time to read the road.

I watched a nice Merc speed off just past the tight spot at Morrison's and nearly end up hitting the blocks as the two lanes split (after morrisons lights, towards town) because they'd been held up for a few seconds, they had no idea what to do, they must spend all day in frantic turmoil.

How does your vehicle end up in a lane 'you had no intention of going into'?

The road markings,cones,signs and other traffic make it quite easy to be in control of where your vehicle ends up, or should we be worried?

The lane markings for where the lanes were are nearly as clear as the markings for where the lanes are. If you drive at a speed to give yourself time to observe it, then it's fine. Most people don't accept that the speed limit is 30 on that road though...

Bamforth St now closed, making 2 lanes for the left turn on to Penistone Rd, does this mean that the right turn is going?

Bamforth St now closed, making 2 lanes for the left turn on to Penistone Rd, does this mean that the right turn is going?

that would be quite inconvenient, I use that frequently, having said that, I am sure I like the trade off of a better flow on Penistone Road for having to take another route. Just beginning to wonder which route will be left :)

Yeah I drive it a lot, its pretty easy if you give yourself enough time to read the road.

I watched a nice Merc speed off just past the tight spot at Morrison's and nearly end up hitting the blocks as the two lanes split (after morrisons lights, towards town) because they'd been held up for a few seconds, they had no idea what to do, they must spend all day in frantic turmoil.

The changes in direction for the lanes are all sharp angles, cars can't turn like that.

Heading into town, as the lanes move left, you find yourself abandoned in the Morrisons right turn lane because the markings are missing.

And the contraflow isn't indicated in advance and has a fairly tight entrance.

And what the hell is going on with people turning right onto Leppings Lane? Someone nearly got 2 tons of my Landrover on their passenger seat last night as they cut across in front of two lanes of traffic rather than take a detour.

And what the hell is going on with people turning right onto Leppings Lane? Someone nearly got 2 tons of my Landrover on their passenger seat last night as they cut across in front of two lanes of traffic rather than take a detour.

What's the detour that would be right-turners are supposed to officially take at the moment?

What's the detour that would be right-turners are supposed to officially take at the moment?

Straight on, first left onto Herries Road South, first left onto Herries Road and then straight across the junction onto Leppings Lane. But some folk would rather die than lose five minutes from their Very Important Schedule :)

Coming out of town, just opposite the various car dealerships and the tackle shop, I watched 2 or 3 cars 'miss' the point where the lanes move to the right (without being properly marked). So they basically carried straight on, which meant they were now in the left hand lane instead of the right. Fortunately it wasn't busy, so they didn't side swipe someone who'd just been moved across by the cones.