Leppings Lane roundabout alterations

So I went to the supermarket earlier, and I thought I'd walk down as it was a fairly nice afternoon and it was a good job- the whole of Morrisons carpark and Langsett Road was totally backed up in both directions. They'd also opened up the little ramp thing to allow people to get out from the bottom bit as Penistone Road was obviously chockablock too...

So what was it people? I thought all this solid traffic would stop once the tramline reopened but it's getting worse. Surely this can't all be down to the works on Penistone Rd?

So I went to the supermarket earlier, and I thought I'd walk down as it was a fairly nice afternoon and it was a good job- the whole of Morrisons carpark and Langsett Road was totally backed up in both directions. They'd also opened up the little ramp thing to allow people to get out from the bottom bit as Penistone Road was obviously chockablock too...

So what was it people? I thought all this solid traffic would stop once the tramline reopened but it's getting worse. Surely this can't all be down to the works on Penistone Rd?

Probably was. We headed towards Penistone Road earlier but could see the diversion signs pointing us in totally the opposite direction to the way we were going so did a u-turn and used Langsett Rd instead.

You're travelling from Manchester direction? If you came off at junction before that'd be Deepcar. Into deepcar and turn left that brings you to Oughtibridge so yes you'd be on the same road

Worked a treat. A much nicer route. Now, would it save time turning right at the Blue Ball at Wharncliffe. Will this bring me out near Rhinegold nurseries??

Worked a treat. A much nicer route. Now, would it save time turning right at the Blue Ball at Wharncliffe. Will this bring me out near Rhinegold nurseries??

If you go right it's called Brightholmlee lane then follow signs for either worrall or bradfield you can go either way to avoid the traffic if you go bradfield then you could go through Dungworth then through Stannington it's a bit of a run round but it's better than sat in traffic ....hope this helps

---------- Post added 22-09-2014 at 23:01 ----------

The route I go from ingbirchworth is turn right down to penistone just after ingbirchworth then at end of road turn right then go down to traffic lights turn left and go all the way through penistone past Cubley Hall all the way to a cross roads then go straight on its called Mortimer road follow that road all the way down ( a bit narrow but ok) under a small bridge then you will come to another cross roads ( the main rd from stocksbridge to Langsett ) go straight across still called Mortimer road (very long rd) you go past a pub called Mustard Pot just follow that road to high Bradfield you carnt go wrong as it was the route for the tour De France as it's well marked out on the road with nice art work that people have done you will finish up in high bradfield at the horns pub.

It was due to the roadworks, a lane had been closed to prevent the workforce becoming raw material for Zoodermy

Eventually, after a lot of fiddling about on very narrow roads, yes... but you're better off turning right at Oughtibridge (I say turning right, but you have to go round the one way system and then turn left) up to Worrall, then going right onto Kirk Edge Rd then immediately left onto Long Lane, if you want to end up down on Loxley Road.

Eventually, after a lot of fiddling about on very narrow roads, yes... but you're better off turning right at Oughtibridge (I say turning right, but you have to go round the one way system and then turn left) up to Worrall, then going right onto Kirk Edge Rd then immediately left onto Long Lane, if you want to end up down on Loxley Road.

Would be better carrying on towards Hillsborough and up Stockarth lane.....

Would be better carrying on towards Hillsborough and up Stockarth lane.....

Thank you all. Three new routes; it should ease the boredom.

Thank you all. Three new routes; it should ease the boredom.

Think of it as an adventure - a Mystery Tour

I have avoided the area since the reports of problems began, but tomorrow morning I have to travel north on the M1, and am trying to decide the best route to get there.

Could anyone give me an idea of how bad it is likely to be travelling northbound on the A61 at around 9am and southbound 6pm-ish? Am I better off going via Middlewood Road or Meadowhall J34?

Seems to have improved lately so you should be fine. I'm back to going that way S6 -> Wakefield.